Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Service Negligence; Seeking advice for Legal Action.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I respectfully disagree as many “totaled” cars can go on for many useful years. Most are rebuilt right.
Yes they can but the car has been out of production for 8 years. Tesla continues to service the cars and support owners even coming out with a new longer range battery pack and I agree with that. But salvage cars are different. The original owners or resale owners were completely compensated for the cars by insurance. These are owners who purchased the car knowing it was totaled. Once the car was essentially destroyed there is no further obligation by tesla to support it. These cars require a lot of technician time with each one having unique repair issues. At this time tesla is stretched supplying service for their current models. Of course there are people who can rebuild these cars but if your not able to then they should not be purchasing them unless others have restored them

Yes they can but the car has been out of production for 8 years. Tesla continues to service the cars and support owners even coming out with a new longer range battery pack and I agree with that. But salvage cars are different. The original owners or resale owners were completely compensated for the cars by insurance. These are owners who purchased the car knowing it was totaled. Once the car was essentially destroyed there is no further obligation by tesla to support it. These cars require a lot of technician time with each one having unique repair issues. At this time tesla is stretched supplying service for their current models. Of course there are people who can rebuild these cars but if your not able to then they should not be purchasing them unless others have restored them

Salvaged vehicles should not suddenly become the red headed stepchild b/c the branding has changed. In this particular case, all this vehicle requires is a pack, which has nothing to do with "servicing" the car per se, it's more of a parts manufacturing/distribution issue.

There is no car manufacturer in the US that has ever enforced such ridiculous policies as Tesla did towards "unsupported vehicles", simply because they realize (1) once a vehicle is properly "rebuilt", which is the official title branding btw - not salvaged, it goes through the same safety inspection as any other car to be deemed roadworthy, but probably the most obvious reason being that (2) servicing vehicles is more profitable - which is exactly what Tesla has slowly come to realize ultimately causing them to reverse their policy and begin investing in their servicing infrastructure.

Salvaged vehicles should not suddenly become the red headed stepchild b/c the branding has changed. In this particular case, all this vehicle requires is a pack, which has nothing to do with "servicing" the car per se, it's more of a parts manufacturing/distribution issue.

There is no car manufacturer in the US that has ever enforced such ridiculous policies as Tesla did towards "unsupported vehicles", simply because they realize (1) once a vehicle is properly "rebuilt", which is the official title branding btw - not salvaged, it goes through the same safety inspection as any other car to be deemed roadworthy, but probably the most obvious reason being that (2) servicing vehicles is more profitable - which is exactly what Tesla has slowly come to realize ultimately causing them to reverse their policy and begin investing in their servicing infrastructure.
Doesn’t require servicing??? Just a new battery?? Like a car that throws a rod doesn’t need servicing just a new engine.

Doesn’t require servicing??? Just a new battery?? Like a car that throws a rod doesn’t need servicing just a new engine.

Thanks for contributing your opinion @Chickenlittle.

To clarify, yes, it needs a pack, which is a part, not a service. Secondly, while some people may not have the expertise to service their vehicles, others do; I rebuilt two S' in my garage while also learning to gain root access to fully support/service the vehicles. Thirdly, if you feel that service center technicians shouldn't allocate any time servicing what remains of ~2000 original roadsters (salvaged or not) because they are stretched thin servicing model 3's, then I respect your opinion, but I kindly disagree. We can leave it at that.

Thanks for contributing your opinion @Chickenlittle.

To clarify, yes, it needs a pack, which is a part, not a service. Secondly, while some people may not have the expertise to service their vehicles, others do; I rebuilt two S' in my garage while also learning to gain root access to fully support/service the vehicles. Thirdly, if you feel that service center technicians shouldn't allocate any time servicing what remains of ~2000 original roadsters (salvaged or not) because they are stretched thin servicing model 3's, then I respect your opinion, but I kindly disagree. We can leave it at that.
Should let you get last word but need to do a public service announcement here and urge people not to attempt to change there own battery packs. I don’t believe it’s equivalent to changing the battery in tv remotes. High voltage and dangerous. If just a part like wiper blades why not just pick up a used pack and insert. Why the need to get SERVICE techs at tesla involved

Should let you get last word but need to do a public service announcement here and urge people not to attempt to change there own battery packs. I don’t believe it’s equivalent to changing the battery in tv remotes. High voltage and dangerous. If just a part like wiper blades why not just pick up a used pack and insert. Why the need to get SERVICE techs at tesla involved

Thank you for your public service announcement. You have done the people of this forum a great service by stating the obvious that swapping a pack may require slightly more effort than swapping wiper blades or tv remote batteries; I'm sure everyone will think twice now. Cannot thank you enough.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's going to take a class action lawsuit to settle this. Jerome sends out an e-mail in December of 2019 finally offering the possibility of providng service for a car made in 2012? I did not receive that e-mail. The only e-mail I received was from one of their ass hat sales vultures trying to sell me another Tesla. He never got back to me after I asked what my trade-in value would be.