TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Roadster Sport - DIY Shock Adjustment

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by garykaifong, May 22, 2016.

1. garykaifong

garykaifong Member

I want to try out different shock settings on my Roadster Sport. Is it something I can do on my own without going to garage or Tesla service center? Can I reach the shock adjusting knots without the car lifted? Thanks!

2. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

You can just reach underneath the car and get at the adjustment knobs. Its hard to see the numbers, but you can turn them all one way and just count the clicks back for same adjustment on each.

3. garykaifong

garykaifong Member

May I ask roughly where the knobs are? Both front & rear are reachable? Thanks!

• Helpful x 1
  4. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

The knobs are on the bottom an inch above the bolts that attaches it to the control arm. They are the blue part in the picture. You can feel the grooved knob if you reach around to the bottom of the shock.

Attached Files:

5. garykaifong

garykaifong Member

Wonderful! So I guess I just try to turn all 4 of them all the way clockwise or anti-clockwise to see which way is the firmest or softest, and then adjust from there, right? What settings do you have? I was told by the Service Centre that it's 6 front 7 rear at the moment, and I found it a bit harsh.

6. garykaifong

garykaifong Member

Done. That's easy! Many thanks once again!!!