Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Sport Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ceramic Composite Brakes - Edmunds.com
Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche are among those currently offering CCB. The 2009 Corvette ZR1 will be equipped with CCB, and there's talk that the 2010 Nissan GT-R V Spec will go the same route.

The single greatest benefit of CCBs, however, is their resistance to brake fade.
According to the dealership service managers (representing a range of manufacturers) contacted for this story, CCBs have so far been largely problem-free (excellent performance, minimal wear and brake dust). The only issues reported have had to do with low-speed, low-temperature conditions — such as those you might find while pulling out of your driveway in the morning. Under these conditions, some drivers report a slightly "grabby" feeling to the brakes, as well as some squeal. The cure? Warm 'em up.

The brakes are the most disappointing feature of the Roadster, for a car of its performance. I was really hoping the Sport model at least would have a braking upgrade. I can deal with some ceramic squeal, if need be.

Here are some pictures that turned up of the wheels painted black (starting with a before picture).

Tesla%20with%20original%20wheels.JPG

Black%20Wheels%202.JPG

Black%20Wheels%204.JPG

Black%20Wheels%205.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have the DVD. But looking at the description, it's just the B-roll footage that I already posted elsewhere on the forum and some images I'm sure are available on the website. Sure it might be cool to have, but not something to pay for.

You can get the brochures at the Tesla store. Probably most here already have them in PDF form.

Tesla Motors has updated their website so that owners can now configure the Roadster Sport option. I just locked my options.

Tesla Roadster Sport
Metallic Paint Radiant Red
Electronics Group
Floor Mats
Paint Armor
Premium Seats
Windshield
Carbon Fiber Hardtop
HPC
240 V MC
120 V MC
Tesla Forged wheels - black
Adjustable Suspension
Performance Tires

radiant_red_black_and_red_interior_black_headrest.jpg

So James, are there any "Sport only" colors?

Not that I am aware of. I only recall the normal Roadster paint options.
Mine is locked now, so I cannot go back and check.

I was told that I need to lock by March 12th.

I think I might have been the first person to configure a 2009 Roadster. The people who had a 2008 VIN, but took a delay for the Roadster Sport, actually are receiving the first batch of 2009 Roadsters.

So we are also getting the new interior options available on the website. I had these options available, but did not choose them:

Exterior Carbon Fiber Accent Group, $9,000
Executive Leather, $6,000
Premium Carbon Fiber and Leather, $9,000
Battery Replacement, $12,000
Extended Warranty, $5,000

Last edited:
I was also told that the Tesla black wheels will be glossy, not matte. They are testing them now.

Some of those aftermarket black wheels, like the Thunder Grey Roadster earlier in this thread, just look like their are always dirty.

I think with the glossy black it will look better.

We should have pictures from Tesla Motors within about a month.

Tesla Roadster Sport interior features

I have received confirmation on the interior features of the 2009 Roadster Sport. This image is mostly accurate.

Everything in the photo is incorporated into the new Roadster: HVAC controls, VDS, push-button gear selection, etc. The only thing that is not going into production is the interior fabric. You’ll be able to choose your leather just like before.

It will even have the glove box. The open tray design is going away.

3199684441_d8bc0c2b2c_b.jpg

2009_tesla_roadster_sport_008-0119-950x650.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: