Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster v2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched (or at least tried) the Tesla Semi event online. I don't know how much bandwidth they allocated to that event, but it wasn't enough. Between dropouts, I managed to see the higher points of the Semi, but the Roadster stole the show for me.

104848613-Roadster.530x298.jpg

Sharp looking, no doubt, but a question the specs:

"The base model will be able to travel from 0-60 miles per hour in 1.9 seconds, which would be a record. It will go 0-100 miles per hour in 4 seconds. It will have a 200 kilowatt hour battery pack and will be able to drive 620 miles on a single charge, Musk said. "It will do the quarter mile in 8.9 seconds. This will the first time that any production car has broken 9 seconds in the quarter mile."

Twice the battery capacity of the P100D. That's a whole lot of battery in a car that's obviously MUCH smaller than the Model S.

Biggest drawback?

Customers can reserve a model with a $50,000 deposit. Those who want to buy one of the 1,000 Founders Series Roadsters will have to shell out $250,000 upfront.

Yikes! $250K deposit? What is the MSRP of that thing?