Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster VS my 85D on the quarter mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 Weeks ago, another forum member (Roadrunner2013) and I went to the dragstrip for a couple of 1/4 mile runs ;). He came with his Roadster (V2.0 I think)

I installed the GoPro on his Roadster and used the footage from my dashcam from my S to make a small video.

Here it is :

Run #1 :
85D : [email protected]
Roadster : [email protected]

Run #2 :

Run #3 :

The track was very slippery - we had to roll on water before staging and no glue was applied... and it's not like I can clean my tires by doing a burnout. Weather was a bit cold too (around 60F). I was also carrying around 115lbs more than when I did my 12.4 run a while back.

Not sure about his SOC%, mine was around 92% for the first run, 88% for the 2nd and 85 for the 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems slow for a Roadster 2.0. It should be able to match the 85D 12.7 quarter mile time, and be quicker off the line. It probably broke traction on the wet slippery track. Dual motors are big advantage in those conditions.

That seems slow for a Roadster 2.0. It should be able to match the 85D 12.7 quarter mile time, and be quicker off the line. It probably broke traction on the wet slippery track. Dual motors are big advantage in those conditions.

It was very slippery, my Traction Control was kicking on/off during the first two seconds of each ride!
My reaction improved to be similar to his by the last run...I was still slipping and sliding away!

I didn't dare switching TC off to burn a bit of rubber and warm the tires before the actual drag so I could get potentially better traction...
Using regular brakes as line-lock is not so good for the brakes :rolleyes:

My SOC started around 77% and finished around 72%.

Lots of fun!