TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Roadsters on CTV News

Discussion in 'News' started by Doug_G, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

#1 Doug_G, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    ctv.jpg

I've volunteered to help out a new company building Canadian EV infrastructure, Sun Country Highway, at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto next week. I drove to Toronto yesterday via a new EV Charger they installed at Berc's Steakhouse in Peterborough.

Once we arrived in Toronto we did an interview with CTV, which was shown on the local Toronto station and syndicated across Canada. Here's the video (I'll try to locate a permanent link):

CTVNews : Electric cars

Both Roadsters will be on display at the Auto Show. And yes, my poor salt-encrusted Roadster has been detailed!

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Nice spot, Doug! So what are you driving while your car is on display at the show?

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I have an Infiniti G37 ICE. :redface:

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

For now...our Model S's are aren't that far from delivery...:smile:

Good spot Doug!

5. PaulM

PaulM Member

What type of "EV Charger" is installed at the steakhouse (and what amperage).

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

It's a Clipper Creek with J1772, 30A.

The original plan was to install 70A but unfortunately the restaurant did not have enough capacity. That made it a challenge to get to CTV on time, but I made it!

Sun Country Highways wants to install higher power wherever they can.

7. PaulM

PaulM Member

Too bad it's only 30A, oh well, I guess that will encourage patrons to spend more time in the restaurant. I'm happy to hear Sun Country Highways intends to install higher power EVSEs, seems like most public J1772 are 30A max.

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Well, it's enough to get you to Toronto, year-round, unlike the KOAs that are currently closed. Hopefully they'll put in another location with more power. I'd love to see something in Belleville.