Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Tesla roof rack installed by Tesla cracked glass

Not sure how people are not having issues with Tesla model 3 roof racks? Upon reading some threads of broken glass I figured it would be safe to have Tesla service install their roof rack on my 2020 stealth 3. The tech didn’t use a torque wrench and hand tightened which I was worried about and for good reason. One day later I noticed this crack.
So it doesn’t matter if Tesla or anyone else is installing just use a torque wrench for gods sake!
I just reached out to Tesla service via app and will let you know how it goes.
Not the introductory post I would have wanted to start with but figured giving heads up to more people is needed.

Jason

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Upvote 0
Picture of crack

Attachments

• 8F00AB03-4D35-4E74-BFC9-ADDF0620657A.jpeg
    8F00AB03-4D35-4E74-BFC9-ADDF0620657A.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 275

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC