Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roof Rack on M3 - front bolts have virtually no thread showing?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Team

so I just installed the Tesla Roof Rack on my 2022 M3

For the front bars, the thread showing through the rubber was tiny. I attached the bolt and did probably 2, maybe 3, turns max. is this normal? Definitely a lot more thread showing on the rears

I’m worried there is not enough thread to keep it secure

How are others finding the rack?

thx

Doesn't sound right - plenty enough thread on mine and I don't think there's an easy way to install them wrong as long as they fit snugly onto the correct rubber pads and the bars are installed thick edge to the front.

However, while the bolts on mine are all the same length, I have heard that some kits have different front and rear bolts - worth a quick check to see if they work better the other way around.

Doesn't sound right - plenty enough thread on mine and I don't think there's an easy way to install them wrong as long as they fit snugly onto the correct rubber pads and the bars are installed thick edge to the front.

However, while the bolts on mine are all the same length, I have heard that some kits have different front and rear bolts - worth a quick check to see if they work better the other way around.
Thanks Mike. Bolts are exactly the same. Hmmmm