Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Route Planner (now) vs ABRP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the car navigation (ver 2022.16.x) includes wind readings I'm wondering if anyone has compared the car range predictions to ABRP? I've relied more on ABRP in the past because of the customization but it seems Tesla is catching up?

With a 75 battery the range predictions are very important to me. I'm heading out on 1,900 mile one way later this week and would love to rely on car nav entirely.

Reactions: Stuart Watson
I just went from Chicago to Houston and back. I used them both. I have software version 2022.16.1.2

I have ABRP Premium and it uses real time weather and traffic. It is certainly more reliable than Tesla’s built-in trip planner. Had I listened to the car when it told me I had “enough charge to continue my trip” I’d have been screwed with a dead battery on the side of the highway. You said you wanted to rely on your car entirely and I am here to tell you thats a bad idea if you do any sort of speeding. The car seems to NOT take into consideration your average efficiency (which I thought it was supposed to do over the 30 previous miles driven for reference consumption) and ABRP was uncannily accurate aside from the amount of time it tells you you’ll need to charge at each station. It always took me longer to juice up than what ABRP claimed.