Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rural service? (Wyoming/Montana state line I-90 N)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just had a flat tire(bolt punctured rear right tire) by I-90 northbound right by the montana state sign, called all the nearby tire repair centers and they only either service big farm trucks and/or closed.

I'm still on hold for the tesla roadside assistance line and the app shows a "error can't retrieve report" whenever I submit a roadside assistance report. Feeling pretty SOL right now so figured I'd ask around here and other tesla forums. Any help would be appreciated.

Repair wise, it just needs to be patched up and have some air put into it then I'll go to a tire shop the next morning

We just had a flat tire(bolt punctured rear right tire) by I-90 northbound right by the montana state sign, called all the nearby tire repair centers and they only either service big farm trucks and/or closed.

I'm still on hold for the tesla roadside assistance line and the app shows a "error can't retrieve report" whenever I submit a roadside assistance report. Feeling pretty SOL right now so figured I'd ask around here and other tesla forums. Any help would be appreciated.

Repair wise, it just needs to be patched up and have some air put into it then I'll go to a tire shop the next morning
I hope you’re not still out of luck, but if the flat is a slow leak, you could keep pumping it every N miles and limp somewhere with proper service (assuming you have or can buy a pump in the area).

I keep a spare tire (from Modern Spare), plus a pump and slime kit, plus a plug kit, just for this reason (though the spare only comes along when going into remote areas).

plus a plug kit,
I know it won't help the OP out in his current situation, but another vote for a plug kit.

I'm 54, and have lived out in the boonies for most of my adult life. I can't tell you how many tires I've plugged over the years, or how many times having a plug kit has saved me hours (if not days) of inconvenience. In spite of what a tire store will tell you, plugs are permanent repairs, too. I've driven all of my plugged tires down to their wear limits with zero issues. Many tires have had multiple plugs in them, too.

A plug kit and a 12v compressor will do wonders, although it never hurts to have a spare if it's a logistical possibility for you.

Reactions: TM3blu

You try your insurance company?