Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S 2019 Air suspension is not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am facing a problem were my Tesla S is stuck in very low setting and doesn't lift up. the damage is under carriage, the car run just fine. I tested the compressor and it did work when I gave it direct power from the battery. Bought the air suspension valve block and replace it thinking it was the issue but that didn't help. I get an alarm on the screen says ( TAS_a218 Air Suspension adjustment not available).

Hopefully someone had encountered this issue .

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.30.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.31.23 PM.png

I do have the same issue with my Model S, same salvage, but proud, saved myself over 40k. Still supercharges for free and as long as I keep it out of a service centre, should still do.
So, I did the same with replacing the compressor and valve block, also replaced the air suspension module but same error "suspension adjustment unavailable".
Compressor works fine if hooked to 12v, also managed to lift the car up. If you put 12v on the valve block pins...I can give you the combinations if you need. I removed the air lines from the block and noted which + - combinations opens which line...so I lifted it to lets say normal height. Trouble is that headlights get info from suspension as well (so I heard)
Going back to the root of the problem, seems like its just a software issue, since airbags deployed its a crash log somewhere and needs to be deleted. Many guys do reset the airbag modules, but couldn't find anyone who can reset the suspension log. It was a guy but was asking for $800 and was something fishy, like me to buy a linux laptop and he would connect from US to my car in UK to reset something....didn't like it. So still looking
Another guy said that he just asked the tech at Tesla to reset it, and only took minutes...but Id rather stay away. Its not about the free supercharging, bought the car cheap enough, but they will disable the autopilot as well.

T-can pro its a diagnostic module for Tesla

t can,tcan, t can, tesla tool, tesla scaner, tesla diagnostic tool, tesla programming tool, tesla airbag crash data reset, tesla add key, key programming for tesla

EAS-TAS – Tesla Airsuspension System (read and decode fault codes,erase stored fault codes,exit service mode ) - supported until 06.2016

So, that's all I know, and Im stuck
Let me know if you find something else

i too have air suspension problem and yes salvage i jumped out air compressor with 12volts to compressor ran for 2 secs than jumper wires where getting hot, so i know compressor is bad and may have damaged air compressor control module,all tesla authorized body shops have toolbox there is a shop nearby that i may take there in case any crash logs in memory let you guys know

Hi All
I have the same issue i purchased a 2018 Mod S 1380 miles damaged sub frame front, replaced sub and fitted new pump and V block but have the three pin plug that goes in the end of the pump to replace i know the center pin is Ground and the other two are exhaust and boost but i dont know which color wire goes to the other pins.
If any of you have the pin outs and colors for the pump please let me know.

I have decided to but the T-Can Tool as its going to save me money going to get the list of errors i have re set, i live in Ireland.

Anyone facing same issues get back in touch
Thanks
Keep safe
Mark

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
hi
I am in Ireland doing the same thing, i am going to buy the T-Can tool its only £290.00 plus license here and that £700, so not a bad deal.
If you get the SRS data cleared that costs 125, then get Tesla to claer all the DTC codes there is another 3-4 hrs.
The tesla parts online are very reasonably priced i have stopped buying used parts now the new ones are cheaper.
How you getting on with yours?
All the best
Mark

hi
I am in Ireland doing the same thing, i am going to buy the T-Can tool its only £290.00 plus license here and that £700, so not a bad deal.
If you get the SRS data cleared that costs 125, then get Tesla to claer all the DTC codes there is another 3-4 hrs.
The tesla parts online are very reasonably priced i have stopped buying used parts now the new ones are cheaper.
How you getting on with yours?
All the best
Mark
markwfin does t-can work i was also thinking to buy it for my shop

My compressor works fine, even replaced it with one from ebay, but that one was bad...really noisy and not building up pressure.
But same error.
Also when replaced the air suspension module the whole dashboard lit like a Christmas tree and new bunch of errors, like "car can not start", "software needs upgrading", and air suspension adjustment unavailable.
So unplugged the module, placed the old one and all warnings gone, except the initial adjustment unavailable.
Still stuck.

• Informative