Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S 2019 Air suspension is not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did unplugged one or both front sensors, but nothing happened. Car got hit on the front left side and had to order a salvage upper wishbone arm and that came with the height sensor as well. So if old was would have been damaged, I'd didn't looked like, the other one should had made a difference, but nothing.
Still believe it's a can tool box reset thing.
Will keep looking

I do have the same issue with my Model S, same salvage, but proud, saved myself over 40k. Still supercharges for free and as long as I keep it out of a service centre, should still do.
So, I did the same with replacing the compressor and valve block, also replaced the air suspension module but same error "suspension adjustment unavailable".
Compressor works fine if hooked to 12v, also managed to lift the car up. If you put 12v on the valve block pins...I can give you the combinations if you need. I removed the air lines from the block and noted which + - combinations opens which line...so I lifted it to lets say normal height. Trouble is that headlights get info from suspension as well (so I heard)
Going back to the root of the problem, seems like its just a software issue, since airbags deployed its a crash log somewhere and needs to be deleted. Many guys do reset the airbag modules, but couldn't find anyone who can reset the suspension log. It was a guy but was asking for $800 and was something fishy, like me to buy a linux laptop and he would connect from US to my car in UK to reset something....didn't like it. So still looking
Another guy said that he just asked the tech at Tesla to reset it, and only took minutes...but Id rather stay away. Its not about the free supercharging, bought the car cheap enough, but they will disable the autopilot as well.

T-can pro its a diagnostic module for Tesla

t can,tcan, t can, tesla tool, tesla scaner, tesla diagnostic tool, tesla programming tool, tesla airbag crash data reset, tesla add key, key programming for tesla

EAS-TAS – Tesla Airsuspension System (read and decode fault codes,erase stored fault codes,exit service mode ) - supported until 06.2016

So, that's all I know, and Im stuck
Let me know if you find something else
K0s0vo, I would love to get the pin out on the pump as my ride is looking like a 64 impala with switches and no air. It is slammed. Love the look, but terrible to drive around knowing your batteries are an inch or two above the pavement. Thanks in advance. If someone else has the pin out for the valves on the pump, post it up. It seems like there are several of us who could use it.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
llike me to buy a linux laptop and he would connect from US to my car in UK to reset something....didn't like it. So still looking

That process isn't really all that fishy. Teslas are basically a big Linux PC with wheels - so the guy would likely ask you to buy a cheap laptop, install Linux Ubuntu, and then SSH into your car from there. He could also do it through a VM, which would be free.

The fishy part would be - does he actually know linux command line to the point where he can navigate the brain of your car effectively.

So, just to clear up some information --

1) Currently, your compressor does not activate unless you jumper it with 12V from an outside source. Correct?
2) Does your reserve tank have pressure in it? If not, have you tried connecting an air compressor to the schraeder valve on the tank and airing it up to 150 psi? That will help determine if the 'roadblock' is the compressor, or the entire system.
3) Tesla Approved Bodyshops have Tesla Toolbox, the tool which has the 'calibrate air susension' function. Have you contacted them about trying to just run a calibration and see if that 'resets' the system?

So, just to clear up some information --

1) Currently, your compressor does not activate unless you jumper it with 12V from an outside source. Correct?
2) Does your reserve tank have pressure in it? If not, have you tried connecting an air compressor to the schraeder valve on the tank and airing it up to 150 psi? That will help determine if the 'roadblock' is the compressor, or the entire system.
3) Tesla Approved Bodyshops have Tesla Toolbox, the tool which has the 'calibrate air susension' function. Have you contacted them about trying to just run a calibration and see if that 'resets' the system?
Part three is not completely true. Tesla is paranoid about anyone having access that is not them. So, most body shops do not have toolbox (I found out by going to them and asking them to connect). They said they do the body work, and then the service tech comes out and makes the final tweaks with the computer. Toolbox is now available by subscription on the service.tesla.com page. They provide no support and they will not tell you how to connect. No matter what number you call, nobody will help you and it ends up not working as it is the web-based toolbox 3 that you get and it is limited and buggy.

• Informative
Part three is not completely true. Tesla is paranoid about anyone having access that is not them. So, most body shops do not have toolbox (I found out by going to them and asking them to connect). They said they do the body work, and then the service tech comes out and makes the final tweaks with the computer. Toolbox is now available by subscription on the service.tesla.com page. They provide no support and they will not tell you how to connect. No matter what number you call, nobody will help you and it ends up not working as it is the web-based toolbox 3 that you get and it is limited and buggy.

Fair enough - all of the approved body shops *in my area* have toolbox. But to your point, their competency with it varies widely. And like you said, many still rely on mobile service to come out and do software related items.

For example - the body shop near me has toolbox, was able to connect to the car, and run the calibration command - however they almost boffed it when they tried to lower it using the software instead of lowering links, and the values it was getting from the sensors was outside of the expected range.

K0s0vo, I would love to get the pin out on the pump as my ride is looking like a 64 impala with switches and no air. It is slammed. Love the look, but terrible to drive around knowing your batteries are an inch or two above the pavement. Thanks in advance. If someone else has the pin out for the valves on the pump, post it up. It seems like there are several of us who could use it.
Did you figure out the pin out

Hi all! I'm facing the same issue. A 2020 salvage car with TAS2_a218 issue. Anyone got their car fixed? Right now the car is so low it's even challenging to get it on a trailer to get to the nearest Tesla service point.
I have a new 2022 MXP, picked up in August 2022. The dreaded TAS2_a285 error! 3C7FD0C7-CB8B-40E1-B9B6-32886897D761.jpeg It has been in for service 3 times for the same issue with air suspension (see attached). Tesla has had it for a total of 11 days and have been unable to resolve.

Mine has this morning thrown the TAS_a218 Air suspension adjustment unavailable error. It is still under warranty.

While this thread may not be the ideal place for it, it is the first result on Google and seems as a good placeholder as any for related issues. Will keep everyone posted.

IMG_E1300[1].JPG

There is another thread here on the TAS_a218 problem specifically, which from the OP's update looks to have been solved by a replacement compressor.

T
Mine has this morning thrown the TAS_a218 Air suspension adjustment unavailable error. It is still under warranty.

While this thread may not be the ideal place for it, it is the first result on Google and seems as a good placeholder as any for related issues. Will keep everyone posted.

View attachment 911894

There is another thread here on the TAS_a218 problem specifically, which from the OP's update looks to have been solved by a replacement compressor.

This was the detail of the fix for my 2022 MXP Air Suspension errors (from the Tesla invoice):
“Splayed pin found at connector to ride height sensor that was causing intermittent loss of power
when driving. New terminal was installed and verified power and ground at sensor.”

It took 3 SC visits for a total of 12 days in service. It seems to be fixed now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leytonstone
I had the same TAS_a218 Air Suspension adjustment not available error. I put the car into Service Mode and from there it was pretty easy to see the detailed error. There is a customer view and a service view of errors. Mine (on a 2018 Model S 100D) was a a grounded left rear height position sensor. I took off the left rear wheel and removed the 10mm bolts holding it to the car and to the suspension and found the wire to be damaged and corroded. I cut out the bad part and soldered it all back together. I then covered with silicone and heat shrink tubing and the error is GONE! Very happy with a free fix.

Reactions: unctarheels