Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S Airbag light on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have Tesla S that was restored from a front end collision and ever since I have the airbag light ON.
I did replaced all the airbags, seats belts, reprogrammed SRS module and still have the SRS light on all the time. I did read my logs (screeshot attached) and it says:

GATEWAY
GTW_w218_airbagindicator (hidden) (logdata: none)

Anybody have any idea of what it could be????

Thanks much!

IMG_0596.jpg

Hi, I have Tesla S that was restored from a front end collision and ever since I have the airbag light ON.
I did replaced all the airbags, seats belts, reprogrammed SRS module and still have the SRS light on all the time. I did read my logs (screeshot attached) and it says:

GATEWAY

Thanks much!

View attachment 343276

How did you get this screen?

Don't know if this is any help but I started getting the airbag light followed by light clicking. This was on my repair receipt from service center:

Road tested vehicle. Found abnormal click while turning steering wheel emanating from
steering column control module. Reviewed vehicle log data. Found steering column control
module has internal fault causing abnormal noise and airbag light to display. Customer
approved replacement of steering column control module. Replaced steering column
control module. Programmed new steering column control module. Found airbag light no
longer displayed on instrument cluster. Performed validation road test. Verified clicking
noise no longer present. Verified vehicle operating as expected with no faults or alerts
present.
Corrections: Module - Steering Column Control
Removed and replaced steering column control module. Programmed new steering
column control module. Verified alerts no longer present. Verified no abnormal clicking
noise present.

Part Quantity Unit Price
STEERING COLUMN CONTROL MODULE -
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL AND
GENERATION 2 STEERING (1042701-00-A) 1 198.85 198.85
AIRBAG HARNESS RETAINING CLIP (1028053-00-A) 1 4.50 4.50

Yes, I did fixed my SRS light. Had to scan it to find out that for some reason my Pyro fuse was faulty, so had to replace that again. Also, my SRS reset was NOT done properly with some guys thru ebay store, so I had to remove it and reset it again. NOW IT IS ALL WORKING!!!

Yes, I did fixed my SRS light. Had to scan it to find out that for some reason my Pyro fuse was faulty, so had to replace that again. Also, my SRS reset was NOT done properly with some guys thru ebay store, so I had to remove it and reset it again. NOW IT IS ALL WORKING!!!

what did you use to scan and reset the light? I won a 2014 MS at auction and I’m almost finished fixing it but the airbag light won’t go off. I replaced the driver wheel and knee bag. I sent out the seatbelt and tensioner to get repaired. I also got the module reset. I’m stuck and don’t know where to go next, the $150 reader I bought won’t connect to the car.

Hello! Working on a 2016 M S with the light on constant as well...to follow up on this...checking to see if you've had progress Agirguis.

SRS was reset, and deployed airbags were replaced....does anyone happen to have a T-can Hardware/Software in Maryland I may use to diagnose? Any other suggestion to fix this would be much appreciated.

what did you use to scan and reset the light? I won a 2014 MS at auction and I’m almost finished fixing it but the airbag light won’t go off. I replaced the driver wheel and knee bag. I sent out the seatbelt and tensioner to get repaired. I also got the module reset. I’m stuck and don’t know where to go next, the $150 reader I bought won’t connect to the car.
Your port to plug in the reader has no data cables, only power there for you can’t scan Tesla. You need Tesla “toolbox” tool to scan it, only Tesla authorised garages have access.

GATEWAY

Thanks much!

View attachment 343276
Hello I am getting the same GTW_w218_airbagindicator alert. When car is powered up the airbag light goes out then comes back on. I assume that means the airbag module was reset properly and is functioning. Blown airbags and seatbelt replaced. Can't seem to figure out what could cause this message. Anyone have any insight?

Hey Artys, You likely have to check/replace the pigtail connection(s) on the airbag modules you replaced. That is likely the issue; I would recommend you look wherever you prefer shopping online "airbag resistor kit" something similar to this:

That will tell you where your problem lies; you will hopefully just have to replace the pigtail end to fix the issue.

Good luck.

Hey Artys, You likely have to check/replace the

sent the module original to a local place on spartanburg, sc. They claimed to reset the module, said it was a problem with the car. So I sent the module again to myairbag.com and it was diagnosed to be unrepairable. Ordered a used module from eBay. Sent it to myairbag.com, they performed a reset and all works well. Seems a lot of shops have no idea how to reset these modules. I'm not the only one I read about with similar issues

Hey Artys, You likely have to check/replace the pigtail connection(s) on the airbag modules you replaced. That is likely the issue; I would recommend you look wherever you prefer shopping online "airbag resistor kit" something similar to this:

That will tell you where your problem lies; you will hopefully just have to replace the pigtail end to fix the issue.

Good luck.
Update!! sent the module original to a local place on spartanburg, sc. They claimed to reset the module, said it was a problem with the car. So I sent the module again to myairbag.com and it was diagnosed to be unrepairable. Ordered a used module from eBay. Sent it to myairbag.com, they performed a reset and all works well. Seems a lot of shops have no idea how to reset these modules. I'm not the only one I read about with similar issues

Reactions: Froyoda
Update!! sent the module original to a local place on spartanburg, sc. They claimed to reset the module, said it was a problem with the car. So I sent the module again to myairbag.com and it was diagnosed to be unrepairable. Ordered a used module from eBay. Sent it to myairbag.com, they performed a reset and all works well. Seems a lot of shops have no idea how to reset these modules. I'm not the only one I read about with similar issues
I’m having the same issue. Myairbag.com also said my module is unrepairable. When you got the new module reset by myairbag.com did you have to code it specifically to your car’s VIN? Or is it just plug and play? Thanks