Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S - Daily Driver or Second Car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm afraid my Model S has bumped my Roadster out of the daily driver slot. Poor Tessie!

At the Race the Runway event this weekend, I had a couple of people ask me what my daily driver was. I pointed to the Model S.

One asked how it could possibly be practical as a daily driver. All I could do is give him an utterly baffled expression. :confused:

Not sure why it wouldn't be the daily driver. It's pretty much our primary car for all trips. My wife's ICE gets used for commuting, but the S is the car we use for anything else. Hell, the S is the wife's car on those days she's doing a lot of driving for work.

One asked how it could possibly be practical as a daily driver. All I could do is give him an utterly baffled expression. :confused:

I agree... why would it not be "practical"? I wonder if he meant driving an expensive/high end car as a daily driver and not necessarily because it is an EV. I know lots of folks with (exotic/classic) cars costing in the ballpark of Model S who treat them as "Sunday cars" while driving old beaters to/from work.

I have used the MS as my daily driver since i picked it up in March. I just sold a 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S, and it sat in my garage for 2 1/2 months without being driven much before I was able to sell it. The Tesla driving experience is so much better than driving an ICE car that you don't really like driving other cars anymore! We have a large family and i occasionally have to drive our 2012 Honda Odyssey, but it is PAINFUL! As soon as Model X is available, my wife will be getting one as a "gift"!

I have used the MS as my daily driver since i picked it up in March. I just sold a 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S, and it sat in my garage for 2 1/2 months without being driven much before I was able to sell it. !

My 911 sits in my garage and I haven't even ordered Tesla S yet--hopefully Friday.

Bad sign for 911 in near future :cool:

Last edited:
Before i took possession of my Model S, my Roadster was the daily driver for nearly 100.000 miles an nearly 3 years. But i fear, i will loose my Model S to my wife, then i will return to my Roadster as the daily driver.

best

Eberhard

Another daily driver here.

I used to ride motorcycles to work most of the time, or a Ford F250 pickup when the weather was really bad. Now one of the bikes has been sold, the other hasn't been ridden much lately, and the truck sits mostly idle and will likely be sold soon too.

Couldn't be happier with the S as an "all day every day" car. :)

MS is my daily ride. When I go back and forth to NY, we use the Prius. That will change if the North East gets supercharges on my route. When that happens I be riding an additional 600mi a week to my weekly ride.

I'm saving my old Prius to see how my MS does in snow on our hill. Some 4 wheelers can't make it up.

To clarify my msg above. Put the EZ pass to right of the rearview mirror.