Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Model S and my insurance (Allstate) quoted me $4,200 per year. Just wondering if there are better rates out there and who other people are going with. I'm in Atlanta and no claims filed...ever. My insurance agent told me he thought that was high and to check around. So, any help/info would be appreciated.

Travis
Model S 85

Try a search of this forum. There have been a number of threads on this topic. There seems to be quite a bit of variability, and it is difficult to separate all the factors that influence premiums. Regional differences, driver record, level of coverage, other vehicles or homes covered and insurance company all can affect the cost, and it's hard to get these all defined when people just quote a price, but you can glean some information from existing posts.

I'm from Florida and have Allstate. My 6 month premiums are: $426 for a 2004 Mercedes E320 and $637 for the Tesla Model S 85. In February the 6 month premium for the Tesla will drop to $537. I have a $250 deductible on both cars. Allstate gives me a lot of discounts, probably because I have my house insurance and flood insurance with them, in addition to good drivers discounts.

I'm in Atlanta, and waiting for my Model S delivery, but USAA quoted me $705 / 6 months. No claims or violations. That's with $1,000 deductibles on collision and comprehensive, $1MM/$1MM in bodily injury, $500k in property damage.

Late to the thread, but. . . I just spoke with my Allstate rep. Perfect driving record for all of my driving career. Been with Allstate since day one. I've yet to find someone that (normally) can beat their rates. I was quoted $4k for the P85d for a year.

I did an online quote with USAA (My bank) and I forget the exact number, but I think it was only about $200 more for the year compared to what I pay now on my 2006 TL. Go figure. If I pull the trigger, I'll certainly be switching to USAA for insurance.