Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S Key fob not detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJH1

Oct 5, 2017
NJ
When I replaced a dead battery with a new battery (confirmed battery by placing it first in a key fob that is working), the fob is not working. Tried pairing fob in car and it said it can't be detected. Is my fob no longer any good?

When I replaced a dead battery with a new battery (confirmed battery by placing it first in a key fob that is working), the fob is not working. Tried pairing fob in car and it said it can't be detected. Is my fob no longer any good?
My key fob was kinda acting the same way but it would work if I pressed the button to unlock and sometimes it would say key fob not detected. I replaced the battery twice and it did the same thing even with a spare key fob. Very annoying when it doesn't work.
The fix I took my car into get my tires replaced and I asked the service guy if he seen that before and he responded no but they will look into if it happens. Long story short service guy said he did a hard reboot on the software and I haven't seen the problem since.

Upvote 0