Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S Plaid rear replacement tires - 295 30 21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2022 Tesla Plaid with the 21" Arachnid Wheels. I need new tires after 20k miles and they're not available from any manufacturers in all season. Has anyone experienced this issue yet? Since I was one of the first to take delivery of the new S, I might be the first to uncover this MAJOR supply chain issue. For humor, below is the email I received from my local Tesla dealer, are they joking???? Any help is greatly appreciated, perhaps a tweet to Elon is in order...

Hello Ron,

We do not offer any all season tires for the 21” wheels on your Model S. If you would like to put all season tires on your car we recommend purchasing a set of the 19” rims and the corresponding tires.

The rims are $745+tax/each.

Front All season tires are $230+tax/each (CONTINENTAL TIRE, 255/45R19 100Y, 19AS, FRONT)
Rear All season tires are $350+tax/each (CONTINENTAL TIRE, 285/40R19 103Y, 19AS, REAR)

Tesla Princeton
3371 Brunswick Pike, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
E. [email protected] T 609.806.2611

The tread design likely has more of a factor in noise. A low noise thread without foam is about the same as a medium noise thread with foam. There are many tradeoffs on tires, so getting the lowest noise may have other slightly less desirable side effects. Hard to get every desire in a single tire design. Anyway, on my last 2016S switched from Goodyears with foam to Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus. About the same amount of noise, maybe a touch quieter. Of course, comparing a worn tire (3/32" tread left) with a new one is also a variable!

Upvote 0