Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S - Promote EV Tourism By Providing Low Cost Destination Charging Stations.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are opportunities for Tesla owners to promote the spread of EV charging networks by encouraging businesses such as hotels to install wall mounted Tesla charging stations. Small business owners can recoup the cost of charging stations by promoting their businesses as Model S Friendly destinations. Local authorities can install charging stations to facilitate EV tourism.

E-Station have a three phase AC 21 kW wall mounted Tesla S charging station that will charge the Model S to 80% in around three hours and twenty minutes.

Cost $2990 plus GST. Shipping included.

More details here: Tesla Model S Compatible Charge Stations

What are your thoughts on this? Would you as a Model S owner favour restaurants for that provide charging facilities for the Model S?

I agree in principle. However, around town i am not sure how big the benefit would be, but i guess with dual chargers and 3 phase, yes, that could well be a draw card.
Tesla is scheduled to release its own 3 phase charger in Q1. Although i have yet to see any sign of it. That may well be cheaper than the model advertised on the site. Those of us with dual chargers have been promised a free swap out once it becomes available, and i therefore would expect to hear as soon as it becomes available. In the same way, a low power mobile connector is also supposed to be imminent, and i understand a prototype has already been tested by at least one owner here.

If a business is to install a wall connector, it would seem to me to make more sense to fit the second model in the above site. That at least allows the low capacity cars like BMW i3 and Leaf as well as the Mitsubishi two models to charge as well.

I believe that Tesla have a "destination charging" program for the installation of HPWCs. This would be much cheaper than spending $3k on the unit you've mentioned. It shouldn't be too long before the 3 phase HPWC is released here, which will provide a similar amount of AC charging current.

I believe that Tesla have a "destination charging" program for the installation of HPWCs. This would be much cheaper than spending $3k on the unit you've mentioned. It shouldn't be too long before the 3 phase HPWC is released here, which will provide a similar amount of AC charging current.

Yes they do: Destination Charging Australia

I've helped a local large hotel here that approached me, they have put in an application. As far as I'm aware they haven't had a response yet.