TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla SAE J1772 Adapter

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by gnxs, Jun 30, 2015.

1. gnxs

gnxs Member

Checking to see if anybody had a deal on a used one before going to the store and picking up a new one.

J1773_1024x1024.jpg

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

$95 from Tesla and someone is asking $110 on eBay. I know which one I'd buy.

EDIT: Drucifer beat me to it.

Why would anyone have a used one to sell at all? They should stay with the car.

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.24.1

Perhaps an unlucky owner accidentally left theirs behind at a public charger.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

I bought a 2nd one. One to leave in the car and one to stay with the L2 (J1772) charger at my house. I like the assurance of having a backup.

BTW, I totally recommend using a label maker and putting your phone # / email address on the adapter in case you leave it at a public L2.

6. gnxs

gnxs Member

Exactly why I want a 2nd. One for the Clipper Creek and one to stay with the car. I'm following the cheaper one on e-bay, if it falls thru I'll just pick one up this weekend at the store.

7. skeff24

skeff24 Member

I have an extra brand new one $60

8. gnxs

gnxs Member

PM Sent.