Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla said my Model X didn't come with front heated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my CPO 75D 2016 Model X standard from Tesla in November 2019. At delivery (before signing the papers), we verified that the front seats are heated which they did. This Model X does not have the Sub zero package or PUP so not leather and no rear heated seats. However, I did my research to make sure that standard textile seats did come with heated seats standard before buying one.

Fast forward to last month, I noticed after testing in both seats that they heat differently in different areas and some were weaker than others. I brought it in to Tesla service last week. They diagnosed it for a day or two then ordered two new seats to replace them. They just sent me a text to say that my car was not configured with heated seats and the new seats will not heat. I can choose between brand new seats that do not heat or my old seats.

The service advisor just gave me a call and asked me to choose. He said my car wasn't supposed to have it and it was turned on at some point during ownership. My interpretation of his words? I basically "lucked out" and should be grateful for barely heated seats.

I asked to speak with the service Foreman and supervisor and now they are "re-dicussing" the case to make sure they do not give me wrong information. The service advisor said he was just relaying information and spoke too soon. I told him that delivery advisor advertised and showed me how to turn on the seat heaters during delivery.

Now I'm trying to find information to prove that 2016 Model X's did come standard with heated seats and I'm having trouble. My MVPA does not even list all standard options and I'm afraid they could use that against me....Any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• 93136928_245985540140895_6369402208949108736_n.jpg
    93136928_245985540140895_6369402208949108736_n.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 130