Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sales Almost Equal Porsche In Germany In March 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
About 0.7% of car sales in Germany were Teslas Thanks to volume deliveries of the Tesla Model 3, in March new car registrations of Tesla in Germany increased 453% year-over-year to a new all-time record of 2,367. We don’t know the exact numbers yet (full report is coming later this month), but it seems that more than...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/04/03/march-2019-tesla-match-porsche-car-sales-germany/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Perhaps the least impressive stat I've heard in 10 years or more.
All it expresses is that Germany buys disproportionately few BEVs and that Tesla is only starting to gain popularity. Just a high number than Jeep, OMG wow that's amazing...for a country known to make the most high-tech premium cars! Nearly matching a much more premium brand brand being Porsche.

Perhaps the least impressive stat I've heard in 10 years or more.
All it expresses is that Germany buys disproportionately few BEVs and that Tesla is only starting to gain popularity. Just a high number than Jeep, OMG wow that's amazing...for a country known to make the most high-tech premium cars! Nearly matching a much more premium brand brand being Porsche.

Rome wasn't built in a day... It takes time to build the brand and have people experience the difference for themselves. I've owned multiple BMW's since 2002 and the Tesla Model 3 changed my entire perspective of the "Luxury" driving experience. I was a HUGE BMW M3 fanboy for years and Tesla opened my eyes to a much better driving experience. I took some of my German counterparts for a ride in the Model 3 back in January and they were blown away!