Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sales Banned in New Jersey... hopefully not for long!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is April 15th, 2014.

Have they already come to a conclusion/decission wether Tesla Motors will be allowed to sell directly to customers in New Jersey, or not?

Is there a date known, when they actually will come to a conclusion/decission?

It appeared that the new restrictions will take effect soon, unless Tesla's superior court filing changes that. It seemed that legislative efforts might reverse that only in the future (not sure how long it could take).

However we are not very well informed about the timelines of all that, if you find anything, feel free to post here.

It appeared that the new restrictions will take effect soon, unless Tesla's superior court filing changes that. It seemed that legislative efforts might reverse that only in the future (not sure how long it could take).

However we are not very well informed about the timelines of all that, if you find anything, feel free to post here.

OK, thanks for your reply. I am just trying to understand what this is all about, and why there is so much trouble being created for Tesla Motors in some US states.

All that I can say is that here in Europe we find it pretty ridiculous that Tesla Motors is not allowed to sell their products directly to their customers, and that there is so much politics going on regarding this issue. I am very glad that Tesla Motors does not have to face those kind of problems here in Europe.

American politicians should understand that sometime during the next decade Tesla Motors is going to be worth more than (almost) any other American company. And the people who are now trying to create trouble for Tesla Motors, that those people are going to be very sorry in the near future. Now, that is a statement.

Ahh I am sorry, it came up on the news feed and said 6 hours ago.

My apologies.
regarding that statement by crispy creme he was doing his typical act
96471-ramble-if-your-life-sucks-na6c-guy-not-me_-jpg?dateline=1386169683.jpg

since the FTC has no powers to regulate car sales in NJ it is irrelevant

Question for you 'apv - by irrelevant, I assume you mean "not relevant to the policy established, or the policy making process, in NJ". So the authors and their idea has no direct authority to change car sales policy in NJ, and to that extent I agree. Is that what you meant?

In a broader sense, I see the blog post as incredibly relevant. Relevant in the sense that ideas that are sensible and straightforward, and consistent with how people see the world, are always relevant. The fact that it was written by these particular people also does carry relevance - if you or I had written the identical blog post, we might be hailed as people with sense and a logical view of the world, but our expression of the idea would not give it as much weight in the world (or at least, my expression of the idea wouldn't give it much weight in the world :)).

There was a time in the history of what is now the United States when the opinion of people living here about forming a more perfect union was equally irrelevant, as none of them had the worldly authority to make it happen - that authority all resided with Britain.

Ideas themselves are powerful, and this blog post will at least be relevant in that the forces that stand in opposition will be expending a significant amount of effort discrediting the authors, the idea, the post, and anything else they can think of. Very, very relevant indeed.

They are the Federal Trade Commission. A Californian company is trying to sell a car across state lines in NJ so hope interstate commerce clause has a role here.

Agree that even if they have no authority and this wasn't an official statement anyway it still means something.