Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
Tesla launched a new website Wednesday that offers some new details about its first factory in Europe. Located in Grünheide and dubbed Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg, construction of the facility is expected to begin in 2020 with production targeted for 2021. Phase 1 will focus on production of Model Y, with a target capacity of 10,000 vehicles...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/02/19/tesla-says-giga-berlin-to-have-solar-roof/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Brando

Sep 27, 2016
Bainbridge Island, WA
or - bigger news that tree clearing the property has been slapped with an injunction until lots of environmental studies are made over impact of removing trees.
German Court Orders Halt To Tesla Giga Berlin Tree Clearing Pending Review | CleanTechnica
Did you read your link? BMW seems to have already started the review. I also read this is a monoculture tree farm for card board. And Tesla is promising a more natural mixed tree replacement (to create an old growth type forest. 3x more trees?) I only think I know what I have read.

No surprise that the details of "reporting" continues a downhill slide. Hard to find the actual details behind the constant spin and click baiting.

Reactions: scottf200

RIP->OPEC

Oct 12, 2018
Maryland
This is GREAT news... I would be very disappointed if it didn’t. Look if IKEA can do it, TESLA sure can as well! Tesla & Solar, its like jelly in a peanut-butter sandwich... they should go hand in hand!

3051CBD5-F11F-408A-8C4F-7FD4A498C229.jpeg
9FFBAFF9-51FD-4EC8-9C04-CA2EC1EAFAA0.jpeg

Last edited:

DWhatley

Aug 4, 2018
Gainesville, GA
or - bigger news that tree clearing the property has been slapped with an injunction until lots of environmental studies are made over impact of removing trees.
German Court Orders Halt To Tesla Giga Berlin Tree Clearing Pending Review | CleanTechnica
Oh the irony if its VW/Porsche/Audi/Daimler /BMW funding the EU's equivalent of our Sierra Clubbers
It appears this issue was resolved in Tesla's favor and work has proceeded with a minimum delay.
German court says Tesla can clear trees to build car factory

• Informative
Reactions: Brando

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC