Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla says it's "within the spec" and "normal", what do you think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look closely in your pic its dark blue. The gap is the same as the OP's.

I think we'll just have to disagree.

On the white car, it's triangle-corner-piece, rubber-outer-gasket, white paint, rubber-inner-gasket

On the blue car, it's triangle-corner-piece, rubber-outer-gasket, rubber-inner-gasket. no paint between the two gaskets in the region shown as white in the original.

I think we'll just have to disagree.

On the white car, it's triangle-corner-piece, rubber-outer-gasket, white paint, rubber-inner-gasket

On the blue car, it's triangle-corner-piece, rubber-outer-gasket, rubber-inner-gasket. no paint between the two gaskets in the region shown as white in the original.
Yes its slightly different but I can see the blue between your gaskets.

I’ve been reading a lot on forums since I ordered my car. Seems to be a sore and sensitive subject with Tesla owners. Many think it’s overly important and many think it doesn’t matter at all and people are being ridiculous.

I tend to agree with the former. One point I haven’t seen brought up at all is resale value.

When buying a used car it was always something I was taught to look for. If a car has been in an accident and it has structural damage, it shows up on body panel alignment. All professional buyers look at panel alignment for this reason. If it came misaligned from the factory, you’re immediately losing potential resale value in the future. At the minimum you’re reducing your potential buyers to uneducated buyers only.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Does it matter? Does it not matter?

Reactions: Pianewman