Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC confirmed Tyco road, Tyson's corner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When speaking at the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors public hearing on the permitting for the service center, Tesla's lawyer mentioned the agreement with the state requiring operation of the facility in March. So I suspect they are working at breakneck speed to have something open. Whether or not all elements of the build will be completely finished in that time frame is anybody's guess.

Last week I was invited inside to see the facility taking shape. The pictures below can't convey it's massiveness in person. It's HUGE. The stage it was in leads me to believe they can have the place running mid-March. It was very exciting to stand in the middle and imagine the place full of S's and X's. :love:

The facility is split into several sections. Starting from the front, it appears there is a small showroom in the front corner, and the main service bay door faces Tyco Rd. There will be additional large doors on the western facade. Inside there are 3 humungous "rooms", all painted white. The largest one is directly inside the main door and also contains low-ceiling office space. There appears to be a customer delivery room that can hold 3 cars, sitting between the showroom and the service area. They also seem to have taken over a large room from the crossfit gym in the same building, likely for parts storage.

teslaservice.jpg

Last week I was invited inside to see the facility taking shape. The pictures below can't convey it's massiveness in person. It's HUGE. The stage it was in leads me to believe they can have the place running mid-March. It was very exciting to stand in the middle and imagine the place full of S's and X's. :love:

The facility is split into several sections. Starting from the front, it appears there is a small showroom in the front corner, and the main service bay door faces Tyco Rd. There will be additional large doors on the western facade. Inside there are 3 humungous "rooms", all painted white. The largest one is directly inside the main door and also contains low-ceiling office space. There appears to be a customer delivery room that can hold 3 cars, sitting between the showroom and the service area. They also seem to have taken over a large room from the crossfit gym in the same building, likely for parts storage.

Awesome update - thank you!!