Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC cost to mount and replace tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it varies by service center (and over time at any given service center). For a while my nearest one wouldn't do third-party sets at all; then they did at a very reasonable rate. Then (about the time the Model 3 rollout started swamping the service centers) they doubled their rate. I just take 'em to a tire shop these days. Plenty in my area have lots of Tesla experience.

Tesla Costa Mesa Service Center quoted me $1,680 plus tax ($1,814) last week to replace my staggered 21" Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on my 2015 P85D's staggered Arachnid wheels.

I declined since America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire in other states) quoted me $1,572 including tax... Plus they offer optional Tire Certificates (free replacement road hazard protection) for a few bucks per tire which have gotten me 2 of these expensive Michelin PSS tires replaced for free already. IMHO 21" tires are "fragile" if they "run flat" which happens FAST in a pothole blowout... or even a puncture.

Tesla Costa Mesa Service Center quoted me $1,680 plus tax ($1,814) last week to replace my staggered 21" Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on my 2015 P85D's staggered Arachnid wheels.

I declined since America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire in other states) quoted me $1,572 including tax... Plus they offer optional Tire Certificates (free replacement road hazard protection) for a few bucks per tire which have gotten me 2 of these expensive Michelin PSS tires replaced for free already. IMHO 21" tires are "fragile" if they "run flat" which happens FAST in a pothole blowout... or even a puncture.

The Cleveland Ohio Service Center was very reasonable. I bought 22 inch Goodyear Eagles from Tire Rack for my Model X and they dismounted and trashed the old tires, mounted and balanced the new tires and installed them for something like $160 -$180 total. And I felt confident having them install them instead of some random garage. I was very pleased.