Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC has had my 2021 Model S refresh for a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've learned a lot by lurking on this forum so wanted to see if you could help with my situation

My Model S Refresh was delivered in September 2021. I've had a blast driving it with only a few minor issues up until last month. I drove from my home in Atlanta to visit my son in college 500 miles away in Ohio. On they way back, while plugged into the Lexington, KY Supercharger, I got the dreaded message that the battery has malfunctioned and the car would not be drivable. I called Tesla Roadside and they towed me to Louisville. While waiting on the tow truck, the car became powerless to the point that I couldn't gain entry without "jump-starting" the 12-volt battery. That happened on August 24, 2022 and the car is still in Louisville. They first told me the main battery had failed and it had to be shipped from California. The battery arrives on Sept 15 and they start the repair. I was then promised the vehicle would be ready on Monday, Sept 19. On that Monday, the SC told me they found that the 12-volt battery also needed replacing. I was then promised the car would be ready on Wednesday. Well, today is Thursday and I was just told that the 12-volt battery would not arrive until tomorrow and they guarantee that it will be ready then. I've already purchased a plane ticket to fly to Louisville to get my car but at this point, I have no confidence in Tesla to have it ready.

How would you handle this situation. I will not have another window to travel to Louisville for two more weeks but I want my car. Do i fly and trust it will be ready as promised? Do I wait until they give me confirmation that it is actually fixed. I asked if they could ship it to me, and the gave me an emphatic NO.