Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC or Discount Tire ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like I have a nail or something in one of my rear tires on my 2021 Model S. Should I take it to the Tesla SC or would it be ok to go to Discount Tire to have it checked and fixed ? Bit confused, as I've had the car only for a month or so.

It looks like I have a nail or something in one of my rear tires on my 2021 Model S. Should I take it to the Tesla SC or would it be ok to go to Discount Tire to have it checked and fixed ? Bit confused, as I've had the car only for a month or so.

Some Tesla Service Centers will patch a simple tire hole for you, some will not and you'll have to pay for a whole new tire. It's best to ask what's a local Service Center policy is first.

Otherwise, a non-Tesla tire shop is great for a tire patch. Some even do it for free.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
+1 for Discount Tire! Would highly recommend going there if you have a location that's close to you

Over here in Socal, they're named America's Tire. I just had new tires mounted and balance on my Model 3 this weekend (35k miles on my OEM Contentials). I've also purchased their "Tire Certificate" warranty that covers (fails due to a defect or a non repairable road hazard, and still has legal tread (3/32") remaining across the tire).

I've used them for all my previous cars I've owned. I had also had them patch a tire in my rear wheel 6 months ago and they were able to cutout a the OEM acoustic foam from the tire and do the patch no problem. As everyone else already mentioned above this was ALL DONE FOR FREE

You can also get free air and have them check your tread or any other issues you think you might have.

Reactions: IdaX