Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC Refuse To Enable PWS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so I have an April 2019 built Model 3 with HW3 computer on FSD Beta 10.4 with the harness for PWS in place and speaker installed (Installed myself purchased @ SC) and the Tesla SC near me refuses (didn't even try) to enable the speaker in the vehicle config.

If I soft reboot the car the speaker works until the car goes to sleep then it no longer functions until I soft reboot again. This is due to the vehicle config. not reflecting that the speaker is installed and my local SC refuses to enable this (didn't even try) because my vehicle is a couple months out of the SI-21-90-001 dates compatible.

I subscribed to Toolbox 3 and after connecting the vehicle I found out I cannot make any config. changes myself it is locked to Tesla only however I can go in and perform a PWS speaker test and it recognizes the speaker and passes the test but when I read the config. it shows the "pedestrian warning speaker - Not Installed"

I need help getting this enabled if anyone has any info or can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. BTW I am a mechanic and have a very good understanding of electrical and software problems and how to fix them I just can't get this one sorted out.

Good suggestion however it’s about 4 hrs to the next closest one and just not in the cards. I did email them 4 days ago (I guess 2 working days) and have yet to hear back. I couldn’t get a hold of them via phone for some reason so idk.

gotcha, i have the same build date as you but i don't know how to get ahold of the speaker or where i can purchase one
I went on the Tesla app and requested to buy the speaker off the shelf p/n 1299965-00-A it was $55.00 plus tax. you also would need the 3 screws to mount it also. They will likely give you the spill about how it isn't compatible I just told them I know I want it anyways then went there and picked it up.

I went on the Tesla app and requested to buy the speaker off the shelf p/n 1299965-00-A it was $55.00 plus tax. you also would need the 3 screws to mount it also. They will likely give you the spill about how it isn't compatible I just told them I know I want it anyways then went there and picked it up.
ok one last question, what reason did you give the mobile tech to come out to you? cause i know they can pull up on their screen and say your car isn't compatible and they'll just cancel the appt.

ok one last question, what reason did you give the mobile tech to come out to you? cause i know they can pull up on their screen and say your car isn't compatible and they'll just cancel the appt.
I already had an appointment for other services I had just added the activating PWS and yes they immediately said it wasn’t compatible but when the service tech arrived I told him the situation and after looking through the fender liner and seeing the speaker installed he gladly made the change for me. Your results may vary I can’t guarantee you won’t get a by the book kind of guy but the tech I had was awesome.