Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Screen (Dangerous)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the phone to Tesla this morning - I asked 'how do I get the heater on (fan blowing hot air) . . . . after 10 minutes of voice commands shouting "Heater Up" and getting diections to Pizza Hut followed by shouting 'Heat Up' and getting direction to Peach Up (a massage parlour you don't want your wife to know about) we gave up. The tesla rep (maybe new to the job) couldn't figure it out, she sent me some email links to read. I'm thinking about buying a hot water bottl!
When the HVAC is on, using the voice command “I’m cold” will automatically increase temperature by 3c. Similarly, saying “I’m hot” reduces temperature by the same amount.

On the phone to Tesla this morning - I asked 'how do I get the heater on (fan blowing hot air) . . . . after 10 minutes of voice commands shouting "Heater Up" and getting diections to Pizza Hut followed by shouting 'Heat Up' and getting direction to Peach Up (a massage parlour you don't want your wife to know about) we gave up. The tesla rep (maybe new to the job) couldn't figure it out, she sent me some email links to read. I'm thinking about buying a hot water bottl!
Sorry, but you either trolling, either fully ret**ded. it had to be said.

THERE IS A HEATER SETTINGS ON BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN ALL THE F***IN' TIME. Literally there. all. the. time.

1649093632903.png

Mods please lock the thread - this is just trolling because no one can be that stupid 24/7

this really brings no value to the forum.

When the HVAC is on, using the voice command “I’m cold” will automatically increase temperature by 3c. Similarly, saying “I’m hot” reduces temperature by the same amount.
“My butt is cold” works to turn on the seat warmers. But I only know about that from this forum. Does anyone know where there might be a comprehensive list of voice commands for the Tesla?

Definitely a wind up. There's no way you actually spoke to anyone at Tesla because that's virtually impossible!

This may be your view but I disagree that any of this is dangerous. I don't see Glovebox, Radio or Climate controls as 'essential to have to hand' and the wiper button is on the end of the left stalk, just as easy to push that button as to flick the stalk on other car models. I understand that some may find physical knobs and buttons for some functions to be handy or convenient but the lack of these in a Tesla is hardly dangerous, at worst you may say its inconvenient. In respect of your No. 1 item, I'm sure that the driver leaning across to open the glovebox using a manual release whilst driving (as many many cars have) is far more dangerous than using the control on the Tesla screen, but in saying that, you should not be opening the glovebox whilst driving anyway, and if you are stationary then how hard is using the screen?
You obviously drive alone most of the time. The memsab controls the glovebox, the entertainment and the climate control and has for 50 years from central accessible controls on any car but a Tesla. I do not allow her to fiddle with the screen when I am driving. It is just common sense to have accessible controls for everyday issues. My second EV and all the competition have such controls. And if and when Tesla open up the Superchargers I will most certainly get a different EV.

You obviously drive alone most of the time. The memsab controls the glovebox, the entertainment and the climate control and has for 50 years from central accessible controls on any car but a Tesla. I do not allow her to fiddle with the screen when I am driving. It is just common sense to have accessible controls for everyday issues. My second EV and all the competition have such controls. And if and when Tesla open up the Superchargers I will most certainly get a different EV.
My 12 old daughter "fiddles with the screen" all the time while I'm driving. She loves the entertainment system. She would not be happy having to deal with old fashioned radio buttons, that's for sure!

No, my wife is often with me. I am more than happy for my wife to use the screen to control the entertainment or climate whilst I am driving (glovebox is a total non-issue as we never use it). OK, maybe I'm not 100% 'happy' with the other half choosing the entertainment - you got me. But, other than the top right corner where the speed and a few indicators for things like main/dip lights are shown, why do I need to view the screen to drive? If I am reversing then, yes, the cameras are very handy (and probably pops up on top anyway - never tried this), but this is my first car with a reversing camera after almost 50 years of driving, so hardly essential to me (I still keep looking in the side mirrors). In reality, I just know from experience roughly what speed I am driving most of the time and so it is not hard to keep at or below the limit if I cannot see the screen for a few seconds for some reason. I suspect that your common sense and mine might diverge a little here, but if you are unhappy with the Tesla single screen approach then you should of course buy a different brand EV if that will work better for you. Horses for courses.

Also, check your signature as you say this is your second EV but you seem to list four model 3s you have owned, unless I read this wrong?

Reactions: Undecided_2
Good thing I had my towel with me when reading this thread… otherwise who knows what might have happened!
well its given me a pain in all the diodes on my left side I can tell you. :)

Assuming the op has not abandoned this thread I really hope he is a HHGttG fan and not just born in 1942. Because if its the latter he is going to be REALLY confused by some of these posts.

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado and Casss
We will be eating humble pie if they are really Zaphod Beeblebrox.

One of the major difficulties Trillian experienced in her relationship with Zaphod was learning to distinguish between him pretending to be stupid just to get people off their guard, pretending to be stupid because he couldn't be bothered to think and wanted someone else to do it for him, pretending to be outrageously stupid to hide the fact that he actually didn’t understand what was going on, and really being genuinely stupid. He was renowned for being amazingly clever and quite clearly was so—but not all the time, which obviously worried him, hence, the act. He preferred people to be puzzled rather than contemptuous.

• Love
Reactions: Adopado
My wife when she is in the car controls whatever she likes through the screen, it saves me from doing it. She can even access the glovebox by herself, without me having to find the screen button, lean over into said glovebox on the other side of the car whilst driving. She can pass me anything in the glovebox I may require too, although I don’t put things in there I may need whilst driving. The reason for that is simple, it’s bloody dangerous to lean over a car width whilst driving to find something in a glovebox🤷🏼‍♂️, certainly more dangerous than glancing at a screen to find the heater controls which are at the bottom of said screen or pushing a button on the end of a stalk to activate wipers🤦🏼‍♂️