Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla-screen Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I know some of you are using https://www.tesla-screen.com from the car's browser to get quick access to features that are missing or harder to do with the regular UI.

I moved the site over to AWS this weekend and changed it a bit. Now, you won't have an account for the site. You'll just log-in with your Tesla account credentials which get proxied over to Tesla to get an API key for data access -or- you can simply login by entering an existing API key.

Unfortunately, Tesla's API doesn't support CORS, so the data needs to be proxied through. Nothing is saved.

The UI runs much better if you are on 2019.12 or higher since Chromium is the new browser. For example, setting charge percent now works in the slider instead of having to type a value.

I also added a Sentry mode on/off to the set of cards.

One last thing, the new UI keyboard "SHIFT" key seems to be backwards - or it is unintuitive. When it appears highlighted, you are in lower-case and vice-versa. If you enter a password, you can't see if it is reverse-case, so play with in in another field first to get the hang of it.

Thanks!

Hi @CarterStC Great to find you here :) I've only just discovered tesla-screen.com and I've only tried it on my PC (Firefox) browser so far but I have a quick question if you don't mind? The range miles in the car on the charging display is much lower than the miles displayed by tesla-screen.com. e.g. 88% and 248 miles on tesla-screen.com and only 196 miles on the car's display. I would be most gratefully if you can help me understand the difference? Thanks!

Update: charging to 90% has just completed and the car says 200 miles and tesla-screen.com says 254 miles. I'm also seeing icons for rear seat heating and sentry mode, neither of which my AP1 Model S with no Sub-Zero Pack has.

Last edited:
Thanks for creating this... I have been thinking of creating something like this for a while, just never got around to it. I don't know how dynamic your cards are, but it would be cool to have the ability in the account settings to choose what cards are shown, and what order they appear. Then you could just have a long list of potentially useful cards that people could choose from.

Weather Card
Weather Radar
Wind speed
Media Controls
RSS Feeds/News
Links to external sites? potentially customizable (a lot of people like quick links to the teslawaze and abetterroute, etc)

Hi @CarterStC Great to find you here :) I've only just discovered tesla-screen.com and I've only tried it on my PC (Firefox) browser so far but I have a quick question if you don't mind? The range miles in the car on the charging display is much lower than the miles displayed by tesla-screen.com. e.g. 88% and 248 miles on tesla-screen.com and only 196 miles on the car's display. I would be most gratefully if you can help me understand the difference? Thanks!

Update: charging to 90% has just completed and the car says 200 miles and tesla-screen.com says 254 miles. I'm also seeing icons for rear seat heating and sentry mode, neither of which my AP1 Model S with no Sub-Zero Pack has.
That is interesting - the data comes straight from Tesla's API, and mine matches my car's reading exactly. I wonder if there is a slight discrepancy due to your car not updating the Tesla servers for some reason? I'd be interested to know if any other users are seeing a mismatch.

I do need to start polling the available features on the cars now that there are so many trims, and show/hide the appropriate functionality.

Thanks for creating this... I have been thinking of creating something like this for a while, just never got around to it. I don't know how dynamic your cards are, but it would be cool to have the ability in the account settings to choose what cards are shown, and what order they appear. Then you could just have a long list of potentially useful cards that people could choose from.

Weather Card
Weather Radar
Wind speed
Media Controls
RSS Feeds/News
Links to external sites? potentially customizable (a lot of people like quick links to the teslawaze and abetterroute, etc)
Thanks for the ideas, I'll look into adding as many as possible!

That is interesting - the data comes straight from Tesla's API, and mine matches my car's reading exactly. I wonder if there is a slight discrepancy due to your car not updating the Tesla servers for some reason? I'd be interested to know if any other users are seeing a mismatch.

I do need to start polling the available features on the cars now that there are so many trims, and show/hide the appropriate functionality.

Thanks for the feedback :) I've only had my MS for 6 days. But using tesla-info.com using a Tesla token to download my car's data from Tesla the info all looks correct there.

I hope the feedback is useful - keep up the good work!

Also it might be helpful for users who like to look at different mileage to either add both rated and estimated or allow the person to choose their preferred.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/:id/data_request/charge_state
battery_range
est_battery_range

Reactions: vitesse and mswlogo
Looks good! Do you know if there is a way on the tesla browser to always allow locational access? It pops up requesting access each time you open a site that uses your location. (not just your site, any site)
I'm not sure, but I found a better solution. Instead of the browser's location, I just switched to pulling the car's location from the polling data. Voila!

Also it might be helpful for users who like to look at different mileage to either add both rated and estimated or allow the person to choose their preferred.
https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/:id/data_request/charge_state
battery_range
est_battery_range
Ok, sounds like a good idea - let me look into this one...

Have you considered adding a link to the login page explaining what your app/website does? I just stumbled onto a screenshot on another topic and it looks interesting, but I would like an overview.
There is currently a simple description on the login page. Basically, it runs in your car's web browser and give you direct access to controls like rear seat heaters, exact charging amount, and displays things like interior temp & outdoor weather (windspeed, temp & visibility). There are 9 cards in total.
Also, I'm about to release a queue system for cars waiting for superchargers that will easily allow drivers to determine who is next.

Interestingly, if I look at the info on my PC or phone the weather temperature is in Celsius, but from inside the car using the big screen browser it's Fahrenheit. I'm in the UK so Celsius is our preference.

I'm also still seeing rear seat heater icons (not installed on our car).

I, too, would welcome a choice between the two remaining mileage estimates. The default one is unrealistically optimistic.

I like the developments so keep up the good work!

Interestingly, if I look at the info on my PC or phone the weather temperature is in Celsius, but from inside the car using the big screen browser it's Fahrenheit. I'm in the UK so Celsius is our preference.

I'm also still seeing rear seat heater icons (not installed on our car).

I, too, would welcome a choice between the two remaining mileage estimates. The default one is unrealistically optimistic.

I like the developments so keep up the good work!
On the Accounts page, you can set your preference for m/km, F/C.

• Informative
Reactions: vitesse