Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Seats 2020-21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

user212_nr

Aug 26, 2019
US
Just watched a video with someone commenting how great the seats were in their Model 3. Since Tesla's don't have exact model numbers, this must be a new thing that was added somewhat recently (the seats in my 2019 are fine, but not "excellent").

Anyone have more info on these seats, or have a recent Model 3 with great seats?

Only thing that has changed about the seats throughout the Model 3's production run, as far as I know, is the rear bench. It either got higher, or flatter, or both. Can't recall. Front seats unchanged.

Seat fitment a highly personal thing. Tesla seats lack any sort of fit adjustment beyond lumbar (no inflatable side bolsters on either torso or thigh, no extending thigh cushion, no multi-way seatback angle adjustment) so you kind of either fit or not. They work for me. I wouldn't call them great, they have far, far too little lateral bolstering. But I'm surprised that they are long enough in the bottom cushion for me, that's usually something I have an issue with in non-European cars.

Reactions: user212_nr
Just watched a video with someone commenting how great the seats were in their Model 3. Since Tesla's don't have exact model numbers, this must be a new thing that was added somewhat recently (the seats in my 2019 are fine, but not "excellent").

Anyone have more info on these seats, or have a recent Model 3 with great seats?

Mr. Munro claims it's the best seat he's ever sat in.

Mr. Munro claims it's the best seat he's ever sat in.

Mr. Munro needs to slow the roll on his hyperbole.

As I stated above, seats are HIGHLY subjective and also VERY particular to your body type.

However, I'm not sure I would rate the Tesla seats as "best" of anything. The one thing I will say is that they do a good job of hiding a lot of the harshness of the suspension. Also, they're comfortable on long trips.

Mr. Munro needs to slow the roll on his hyperbole.

As I stated above, seats are HIGHLY subjective and also VERY particular to your body type.

However, I'm not sure I would rate the Tesla seats as "best" of anything. The one thing I will say is that they do a good job of hiding a lot of the harshness of the suspension. Also, they're comfortable on long trips.

He is just being a politician - doesn't cost him anything to say "best" instead of very good. Not as important with Elon, but with those GM people I bet that goes far.