Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla seats don't move back upon entry or exit??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I missing something? Any car I have had in the last 5 years always has a seat move back for easier exit and entry when you shut off the car or open the door. My wife sits really close when she drives (as we are a short family) and is used to even her minivan seat moving back before exit. I looked everywhere in the control menu. Does this option really not exist?

:) that was me being funny.
It is a very common complaint. On the upside, it can be done with just a software update. All the hardware is there. We are all just waiting for Tesla to make the code and push it. No promises. But you and about 1/2 of all ownership considers this a silly oversight by Tesla.

:) that was me being funny.
It is a very common complaint. On the upside, it can be done with just a software update. All the hardware is there. We are all just waiting for Tesla to make the code and push it. No promises. But you and about 1/2 of all ownership considers this a silly oversight by Tesla.

Even the best baseball players only bat .300 lifetime. So you can't be funny all the time :). But I appreciate the effort. MS has been out for over 3 years. Why would they suddenly make this update now? The whole thing just doesn't make sense on a 130k car.

Even the best baseball players only bat .300 lifetime. So you can't be funny all the time :). But I appreciate the effort. MS has been out for over 3 years. Why would they suddenly make this update now? The whole thing just doesn't make sense on a 130k car.

Sure it does. Not every car is going to have every feature. I might buy a Mercedes S class for $130k, but where are the 17" screen, real time maps, regular software updates with new features… and why can't I fuel the darned thing in my garage!

Everyone has a list of "must haves" in a car. Though I've found that most of those lists melt away after the first Tesla test drive. If this is a "must have" for you, and you've driven the car and still wouldn't buy without it… then you'd best find another car.

Aaannnddd...there it is... The other camp who is here to tell our camp it is ridiculous and dumb to buy a Tesla AND think it ridiculous to not have a feature that is common on KIAs, especially since it is simply software. I knew it would come.

If you don't publicly exclaim now, that the Tesla is...overall...better than your minivan...they'll keep going.

Aaannnddd...there it is... The other camp who is here to tell our camp it is ridiculous and dumb to buy a Tesla AND think it ridiculous to not have a feature that is common on KIAs, especially since it is simply software. I knew it would come.

If you don't publicly exclaim now, that the Tesla is...overall...better than your minivan...they'll keep going.

I've never felt anyone was ridiculous or dumb just because they had different criteria and bought something I would not have bought. I would hope to be afforded the same courtesy:smile:

But I agree, that camp is clearly out there and well represented on this forum.

Also, there is the B-pillar thing. Ingress into the Model S is best done with forethought. I may now only slightly tap my steering wheel when entering the car, ideally, after many months of attempts (and a many-years effort to be of healthy frame).

I don't think it would make a good rental car.

Am I missing something? Any car I have had in the last 5 years always has a seat move back for easier exit and entry when you shut off the car or open the door. My wife sits really close when she drives (as we are a short family) and is used to even her minivan seat moving back before exit. I looked everywhere in the control menu. Does this option really not exist?

I would find this highly annoying. I hope they add it for those that think you can't have a car without it, but I hope they also put in an option to shut it off.

again...if you looked at some of my previous posts, I discuss how cultish a bunch of these tesla owners are. I just bought the S and should be picking up my X P90DL this week. So obviously I like tesla. But I think it isn't crazy to want to be able to enter a car without crushing yourself from the previous driver's seat position or have to hold the seat button for 10 seconds beforehand. I'm not sure it's a diss on the entire tesla brand!

So when taking a test drive, the Owner Advisor actually told me this was a feature the Tesla Did Have. He said you could configure the vehicle to move the seat back and raise the steering wheel on exit. Is this not actually something you can do? My vehicle in still waiting to be produced.

Actually, I hope they just work on integrating the concept where it detects your keyfob and adjusts for your profile when you open the door. That was discussed in another thread. I personally don't care, but this would suit most people's needs without being annoying to those who don't care. I guess they could add an exit profile option to, but they need to provide an option to shut it off, or it will be me coming the forums complaining about my seat moving when I don't want it to instead of others complaining about the seat not automatically moving when they want it to.