Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Second Row Pet Liner is plush!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla version will scratch the tint, we just choose not to lower the rear windows when we use the Tesla pet cover. We have a Siberian Husky and have tons of hair. The other issue we found with the Tesla version is that since the door protectors don't zip on to the rest of it, a lot of the hair escapes and gets on the floor boards. We have an Amazon one as well and use that in the other Tesla and we have less issues with the hair. It is a bit more "inconvenient" as you have to zip the sides and put the strap over the hanger hook...but that is what we did with our ICE cars, so not anything to bad.

Ok…from today’s road trip in the hills behind St Tropez…the liner is anchored in with the plastic pieces…in fact the anchoring could be causing the problem but I think the whole liner is too short from front to back
View attachment 793620
Ah I see what you're saying. I honestly haven't had this issue and I'm not sure what might be causing it.

This is not a recommendation, and I don't know if it will help, but we leash both of our dogs so they can stand up and rotate but they can't really move around. This keeps them from doing much standing and really triggers them to just lay down.

I think others have mentioned it but you might be able to get an anti-slup underlay to put between the seat and the cover. I know Ikea sells Anti-Slip Underlays, although I think the cover is already supposed to have that.

Ah I see what you're saying. I honestly haven't had this issue and I'm not sure what might be causing it.

This is not a recommendation, and I don't know if it will help, but we leash both of our dogs so they can stand up and rotate but they can't really move around. This keeps them from doing much standing and really triggers them to just lay down.

I think others have mentioned it but you might be able to get an anti-slup underlay to put between the seat and the cover. I know Ikea sells Anti-Slip Underlays, although I think the cover is already supposed to have that.
It’s definitely something to do with the way my dog jumps in...as the liner pulls away instantly...but it never happened with his old seat cover which was much longer from front to back

Has anyone washed their pet liner yet? Mine is starting to stink but I can't find washing instructions mentioned anywhere.
I don’t know…but historically I have always steam cleaned mine while it’s hung on the clothes line. I have a very powerful steamer and using the brush attachment with the stiff bristles it gets all (well almost 😀) the hair out that would otherwise clogged up your washing machine. Also it kills any unwanted critters, sterilises and doesn’t soak the material so no risk of deforming.
But, I haven’t yet cleaned the Tesla liner so can’t say for sure…

I don’t know…but historically I have always steam cleaned mine while it’s hung on the clothes line. I have a very powerful steamer and using the brush attachment with the stiff bristles it gets all (well almost 😀) the hair out that would otherwise clogged up your washing machine. Also it kills any unwanted critters, sterilises and doesn’t soak the material so no risk of deforming.
But, I haven’t yet cleaned the Tesla liner so can’t say for sure…
Wow, that sounds amazing. I had an old generic liner (Evannex) that was too soiled (repeated car-sickness) to save but I thought about a laundromat.

For just hair, I found that using my cordless vac with just the stiff nozzle, running along the cover pulled-taught got most of it out without too much effort. It's very depressing to see how fast new hair accumulates thought. Nothing the cover can do about that unfortunately.

@Bouba does your tool look something like this? Or, this?

Reactions: BitJam
Wow, that sounds amazing. I had an old generic liner (Evannex) that was too soiled (repeated car-sickness) to save but I thought about a laundromat.

For just hair, I found that using my cordless vac with just the stiff nozzle, running along the cover pulled-taught got most of it out without too much effort. It's very depressing to see how fast new hair accumulates thought. Nothing the cover can do about that unfortunately.

@Bouba does your tool look something like this? Or, this?
Karcher SC5

Another advantage of a steam cleaner is that it dries in minutes...

Bump. I just ordered the Tesla pet liner. For those of you who’ve had it for a while, how’s it holding up? Any warnings on tint scratching? Thanks in advance.

Holding up absolutely great. Very happy. I don't have any tint (fronts/windshield are illegal here, so no point in doing the rears) so can't help you there. Sorry.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Bump. I just ordered the Tesla pet liner. For those of you who’ve had it for a while, how’s it holding up? Any warnings on tint scratching? Thanks in advance.
The liner still looks good after one or two years...but the door panels just hang there because the plastic clips either go soft and flexible and can’t be inserted (I’m cracking up writing this...but I don’t know how else to describe it😂🤣😅)....and if you do manage to get them inserted into the door ...when the door opens and closes and the window opens they fall out...also I don’t connect the liner to the front seats but I can’t remember why

• Funny
Reactions: CleanDemon
My dog slides around in back on this sling. It is very slippery on the seat and the whole sling slides. Because of this instability she never lies down. Instead, she's standing, panting the entire time we're moving. Anyone else have this problem, or preferably, have a solution?
You could try to put something gripy between the liner and the seat, maybe some shelf liner? Although you might want to sew it to the bottom of the pet liner to keep it in place.

Alternatively, you could try to apply some silicone in a few patterns on the bottom of the liner to give it more grip. I've done this to a camping sleeping pad and it works pretty well. Only issue I'm aware of is the silicone will stick to itself. And I don't think it would react with the seats, but can't be sure.