Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla seeks sanctions after dousing car fire suit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oo-Rah!!
I love this.
Don't tolerate bad behavior - somebody has to call those idiots out for trying to make a profit on misinformation and misleading people - especially when they showed no regard for us stockholders who they claimed to be representing (much less the hardworking employees in Tesla who did such an amazing job designing and building such a safe car - they absolutely don't deserve to be dissed like that).

Yeah, well, if anyone in the US cared about tort reform, they would vote for the political party that is constantly trying to reform it, and not for the party that is always trying to block it. But it doesn't seem to be an electoral priority...

Yeah, well, if anyone in the US cared about tort reform, they would vote for the political party that is constantly trying to reform it, and not for the party that is always trying to block it. But it doesn't seem to be an electoral priority...

If that were the only issue I would agree. Other issues tend to be a higher priority for most voters.

I'm still getting the same popup with that link

Already Registered? Sign In now
  • 5 free articles* every 30 days, from other ALM publications
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and products
  • The Recorder digital newsletter, plus your choice of more than 30 digital newsletters
  • Access on the device of your choice: smartphone, tablet, or desktop
  • Unlimited free access to Corporate Counsel and Law Technology News online

I'm still getting the same popup with that link
Try this:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...XI_nBuFrCW6QlGz3aqdabaw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.eXY

You can get the above link just by Googling the title of the article. This applies also to a lot of Wall Street Journal articles. The reason is that these websites want to get the search engine hits, but at the same time want people to pay to read their articles, so they hit you with the pay wall if you use a direct link.

If you have Adblock (works for Firefox and Chrome) you can avoid most popups. For the ones that sneak past, you can right click to block individual objects/overlays.

Love the statistic about 1B miles vs 3 fires. Simply amazing!!

Last edited:
Maybe the fires were set-up anyhow... !?

No. Just a vulnerability at the front of the pack to highway-speed collisions with road debris. The fires were dealt with safety (and thank you Internet and cameras on phones for showing how safe it was), but tank mode has now apparently stopped any problem at source.

At this point worries about the skateboard concept itself are gone, so now the challenge will be lowering the cost while maintaining fire the strength and fire prevention measures.