Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Selling the Tow Hitch at the shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SC ordered it when I asked for it to be done when I was coming for other work. I had also ordered from the website so I think they got 2 but didn’t charge me for the one they ordered and installed. It got to them quickly it’s all installed now I just need to towing something.

My SC ordered it when I asked for it to be done when I was coming for other work. I had also ordered from the website so I think they got 2 but didn’t charge me for the one they ordered and installed. It got to them quickly it’s all installed now I just need to towing something.
Ok, I ordered mine on July 4th (9 days ago), so not that long ago. Not sure how long it will take from California (assuming it comes from there) to Ottawa Canada. I'm hopeful it will be quick, but realistic it will be a while yet.

Did you get a delivery notice or was the SC the one that told you? I ordered one and the website says it's in route to the SC but I have no way of tracking it.
Unfortunately, no. Shortly after ordering, it showed as "En Route to Littleton-Broadway." Originally, we believed that was a status showing it had been shipped. Now I'm guessing it is just informational and indicates which service center it will eventually be shipped to. We do have an appointment to have it installed in 13 days. Hopefully they have one in stock and ready to install on our appointment date.

Unfortunately, no. Shortly after ordering, it showed as "En Route to Littleton-Broadway." Originally, we believed that was a status showing it had been shipped. Now I'm guessing it is just informational and indicates which service center it will eventually be shipped to. We do have an appointment to have it installed in 13 days. Hopefully they have one in stock and ready to install on our appointment date.
Ya have the same ... so you scheduled an appointment before stock was confirmed? I would have thought that they wouldn't book you in unless they had the parts ... unless you're booked for something else and are just hoping that it's there and will be done.

Ya have the same ... so you scheduled an appointment before stock was confirmed? I would have thought that they wouldn't book you in unless they had the parts ... unless you're booked for something else and are just hoping that it's there and will be done.
Yes, we scheduled the appointment a week or two back. It was for the tow hitch, Homelink and another issue. I don't think they actually look that far out at appointments and probably haven't reviewed ours yet. We'll probably find out around the 24th whether or not they'll be able to handle the tow hitch install on the 27th.

Mine has said it is en route to Boston for the last two weeks :(

Spoke to customer service via chat and they said until you get a shipping notification, they havnt left CA yet
I just emailed [email protected] and they replied that will be delivered to the Service Center by today. They also provided a FedEx tracking number and I verified that it will be there today. I never received a shipping notification though. Communication isn't their strong suit, but I'm happy it'll be there today.

I just emailed [email protected] and they replied that will be delivered to the Service Center by today. They also provided a FedEx tracking number and I verified that it will be there today. I never received a shipping notification though. Communication isn't their strong suit, but I'm happy it'll be there today.
Thanks for this information, I just emailed them also to try and get an ETA and from there I'll schedule a SC appointment.

Reactions: mazers
Is the Tesla hitch hidden? What I mean is it flushed with the bumper and is there a bumper cover for it when not used.
Actually, the plastic cover is supposed to be attached to hide it when not in use, to prevent dirt intrusion.

Yes, as mentioned there's a plastic cover when the receiver is removed. In fact the same cover that's on your car now is removed to add the receiver then put back on when the receiver is removed. No extract cover needed.

This might be clear but I wanted to make sure ;)

Yes, as mentioned there's a plastic cover when the receiver is removed. In fact the same cover that's on your car now is removed to add the receiver then put back on when the receiver is removed. No extract cover needed.

This might be clear but I wanted to make sure ;)
That's great news ! My One Up single bike rack takes 10 seconds to attach. It's small enough to stay at the bumper level when folded, but my concern that it would interfere with FSD function.

Ok, I ordered mine on July 4th (9 days ago), so not that long ago. Not sure how long it will take from California (assuming it comes from there) to Ottawa Canada. I'm hopeful it will be quick, but realistic it will be a while yet.

I ordered mine on July 1st. I didn't hear from Tesla at all regarding the order, so on the 10th, I reached out to them what is going on - and they got back telling me that I could schedule the service appointment any time. I'm having it installed next week.

I ordered mine on July 1st. I didn't hear from Tesla at all regarding the order, so on the 10th, I reached out to them what is going on - and they got back telling me that I could schedule the service appointment any time. I'm having it installed next week.
I've reached out via email ... waiting for a reply at this point but I hope they get back to me with a tracking number. Even tracking a slow package is better than not knowing.

Reactions: mazers