Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi’s EPA range rating will simply never exist…Here’s why

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: aerodyne
Most heavy duty diesel engines used in semi trucks should run trouble free for 500,000 to 1,000,000 miles between major overhauls.

Battery packs should too, the economics work out best when you put a ton of miles on the car in a short time. If the car sits a lot the batteries just sit there aging being wasted.

Reactions: aerodyne
They regularly get screwed by mechanics all the time with diesel engine repairs yes that’s correct

That is NOT what I said or intended. There are thieves in any business, but many honest as well. My dad was an honest mechanic, and it does indeed irritate me when people take cheap shots like this.

Sorry, rant over. Back to subject.

The cost of brake service was the most surprising to me. That is no small amount! It will be interesting to see if regenerative braking realizes the benefits it promises.

That is NOT what I said or intended. There are thieves in any business, but many honest as well. My dad was an honest mechanic, and it does indeed irritate me when people take cheap shots like this.

Sorry, rant over. Back to subject.

The cost of brake service was the most surprising to me. That is no small amount! It will be interesting to see if regenerative braking realizes the benefits it promises.
It wasn't a cheap shot I was just stating the facts ..I see it all the time a truck breaks down in LA ..owner gets a call says the truck needs a engine cam and the next thing i hear is he got a bill for $21,000 for a engine rebuild happens all the time