Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi Event -- November 16, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad face indeed.

meh7-vflGevej7.png

This video has been removed because it is too long.

confirm it does/does not have the dropped/frozen portions that bedeviled the livestream

Yeah, I looked at several on YouTube the morning after the launch, and they all had that ...

... then i googled and found it on Tesla's site (on the page with the Semi / Roadster reservation), but as @shokunin said earlier that's now gone.

Perhaps Tesla had some sort of time-limited license for the music? I can't see that anything, which breaches copyright on the music, is going to survive on YouTube for very long

Would be a great pity if the presentation was no longer available, I enjoyed being sat in front of my screen watching it, how sad is that?!, but all the time I was wishing it had been on YouTube so I could watch it at a faster frame rate ...

You’re right. And there are many other elements which make a F1 car a better race car (not the least of which are those huge racing slick tires). I do hope though they will have figured out the cooling problem so that the Roadster 2 can be used as a track car.

The fact that it was able to do so many Plaid runs back to back to back, where the S cannot, gives me hope the Roadster can perform on a track.

Congrats on your order. I have to wait for TSLA to appreciate more:)

The fact that it was able to do so many Plaid runs back to back to back, where the S cannot, gives me hope the Roadster can perform on a track

Since the reveal I've pondered that some more.

The demo process was:

Punter gets in (not an instant process!)
Short bit of chat.
Taxi to launch point. Wait a bit.
Launch
Circle round at the end, drive back leisurely-ish
Circle round at the other end
Park up.
Some final chat Q&A with punter
Punter gets out (also not an instant process!)

For sure the battery needed to be able to deliver that number of launches (I saw a clip where the driver said he had started on 90-something and been doing launches "all evening" and was now on 60-something).

But it seems to be that there was a lot of recovery time (to cool down / whatever) available in the way the demos were timetabled

May be irrelevant of course

Reactions: JRP3