Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi Event -- November 16, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it was about what I expected: Awesome!

The trucks were good trucks, and the Roadster 2 was a good Roadster 2. Also, they discussed pickup for a few seconds.

I look forward to the fine grained detail as things go on.

I came away from tonight with one reaction:

So, what were we doing all these years with combustion engine cars? Lame!

Ok, serious question about the roadster... Is everyone here who plans on getting one rich enough to actually just buy it outright with cash? Where does one even acquire a loan for a $300K sports car? I had a hard enough time convincing my bank to fund the $100K for the Model S 4-years ago.

Yes, cash. To reserve a founders edition requires you to wire $250k within 10 days.

At first I was thinking that the battery size and range was excessive. That it would be better to be lighter at 100kwh. But then I realized there's no way they could suck power fast enough out of a 100kwh battery. The 200kwh is probably necessary just to achieve the acceleration and top speed. The range is just a byproduct.

Yes indeed. The big battery is needed for the power. The range is excessive and thus a byproduct.

Lol if they fill those 1000 reservations for the founders edition it will generate half the money of the 500.000 m3 reservations.

Could it be they came up with new roadster to bridge financial gaps coming two years?

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit. CFO says we’re running tight on cash now that the Model 3 is stalled. Elon says, hey Franz, you’ve got 30 days to pull together a convincing Roadster demo...

People who short Tesla don’t realize that Elon always, always, has a backup plan. He will not be beaten. Period.

I fully expect the 1000 founder slots to be filled quickly.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit. CFO says we’re running tight on cash now that the Model 3 is stalled. Elon says, hey Franz, you’ve got 30 days to pull together a convincing Roadster demo...

People who short Tesla don’t realize that Elon always, always, has a backup plan. He will not be beaten. Period.

I fully expect the 1000 founder slots to be filled quickly.
Isn’t against the law (Sarbonne-Oxley) to use that money for operations? Same thing with the Model 3 deposits. I’ve always heard that was true.

Reactions: Ulmo
Going back to the truck details. I'm certain they can be filled with cars? If so, one assumes Tesla will use these trucks to ship out new orders to service centers/people's homes from Fremont.

One can then assume more faster delivery time and cheaper shipping cost (not the 2K-5K you see now for new inventory cars for example).