Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi Event -- November 16, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That can compound the problem (lateral momentum). Congrats and good luck!, an amazing machine she will be! I'm going to wait until morning to make this decision :D We have been waiting for the new roadster, and now she's here!

You’re right. And there are many other elements which make a F1 car a better race car (not the least of which are those huge racing slick tires). I do hope though they will have figured out the cooling problem so that the Roadster 2 can be used as a track car.

Reactions: systemcrashed
I don't think even this is true... The cash definitely cannot be used for collateral on new credit lines since it's not really collateral. If the company goes under, they still have an obligation to return that money to customers.

Well kind of. I mean, it sure helps being able to borrow money when you not only have sold the first year of production, but even have the customer money in the bank. So, fine, don’t call it collateral, just call it being able to borrow really cheap money that otherwise would have been expensive.

E8AE2924-140C-467A-A154-7358D92DAEE9.jpeg
AE17088A-7F74-4DFF-B36B-671A58E39E63.jpeg
2D31F660-8232-4D9B-A318-DB177B8DFFB4.jpeg
Looks so nice! Was amazing to see it go live here in LA!

Yes, even faster, but not enough downforce to truly experience F1 performance.
An F1 does 0-100 mph in 4 seconds. 0-60 in 1.7 seconds and 60-120 in under another 3 seconds.
While the Roadster will have full torque at zero speed, the formula 1 would likely be momentarily behind the Roadster on a drag race, then quickly open up and leave it behind as its much larger surface area starts to produce monumental drag (Cd nonwithstanding). F1 have tiny frontal surface area (compared to any street car). Even if the roadster had 1500HP (it might), it can't compete with an F1 with under 1000HP.

He is a million times more enthusiastic about this reveal than the Model 3 reveal, lol.
Yes, there was a reason for his demeanor at the Model 3 event that is explained in Rolling Stone magazine this month.
Well, he did have breakfast with Amber today (before this evening's Semi/Roadster event). :D

"Let's see, for today, I'll get back together with Amber; introduce the Semi; introduce the new Roadster to give a hardcore smackdown to gasoline cars".

Sort of like Michael Corleone settling all family business near the end of "The Godfather". ;)

Last edited:
Best.
Line.
Ever.
"The point of doing this is to just give a hardcore smack-down to gasoline cars"

Yes, great line. We just rewatched the event on Telsa.com as we also encountered problems seeing it early on. Thank you Erik for your live streaming. Enjoyed the after-coverage as well. Had to wonder if security knew that Elon was going to invite everyone up like that at the end of the presentation.

I have to give big kudos to Franz and team for the really great lines of both the new Roadster and the Semi. I can say I'll never look at a semi the same way again. And the Roadster, well just hope living here in the bay area I'll get to see one on occasion in person. Thought the red was especially stunning. Wonder what the range of color choices will be for it.

I'm looking forward to reading the auto reviews and have to wonder what the manufacturers are saying among themselves after today.

Reactions: EinSV