Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi Spotted on Highway Near Sacramento

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A Tesla Semi was spotted traveling on California’s I-80 near Sacramento this week. The sighting was one of several reported recently as Tesla is seemingly trying to put some road miles on the trucks.

YouTube user Vlad Fed posted a video of the encounter. “Was going like 72 and he passed me like it was nothin,” he commented on the post.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZs6wHAnD9g” video_title=”1″][vc_column_text]As noted by Teslarati, I-80 connects Tesla’s Fremont, Calif. factory to its Gigafactory outside of Reno, Nev. The truck was spotted more than 100 miles away from the Fremont assembly plant and 157.3 miles away from the Gigafactory. A truck was also spotted recently between the company’s Palo Alto headquarters and factory in Fremont, and another was filmed spinning its tires on a street in Fremont.

Interestingly, there have been no sightings yet of the Semi pulling a load. But, there will likely be more sightings as Tesla continues to refine the vehicle ahead of planned production in 2019.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat they got a video of it and it passing them. There is no mistaking the look of that cab! I'd say that's as exciting as seeing my first Model 3 on the road. :) Don't plan on traveling that route it will go but would love to see one myself on the highway out here.

Why did the trailer numbers change during the ride, start with P5190683 and end with P4180189?

Attachments

• Neue Bitmap (2).jpg
    Neue Bitmap (2).jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Neue Bitmap.jpg
    Neue Bitmap.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 63