TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Semi Unveil and Test Rides - Oct. 26

Discussion in 'Future Cars' started by BluestarE3, Sep 13, 2017.

1. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#1 BluestarE3, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
  2. nativewolf

nativewolf Member

I am looking forward to this. Recapping all the other threads the large truck business is screaming for an electric solution for various parts of the truck fleet. Could be very good for economy and environment.

As a recent owner of a large diesel truck (Hino) I've become much more sensitized to trucks in general, i see them, look at them, notice differences, etc.

3. Rowan256

Rowan256 Member

I can't wait for the charge/battery swap numbers

4. Spiderz

Spiderz Member

300 miles range is not going to cut it but they did a study with Ryder and came up with optimal range. For city driving, it should be OK but for long haul, its a little less.. 600 miles would be optimal.

• Informative x 1
  5. EVSteve

EVSteve 110% Solar Powered

Local store delivery fleets that run class 8 & 9 daycab tractors are perfect for conversion.

We rarely run more than 500 miles a day and always have multiple stops unloading for roughly 1-2 hours per stop. All of the stores have 3 phase commercial power perfect for some sort of D.C. fast charging would unloading.

• Informative x 1
  6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

7. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

That dump truck doesn't need that giant battery. They just need superchargers spaced every 150 feet.

• Funny x 5
  8. Rowan256

Rowan256 Member

700kW isn't even that much, a model 3 got a 80kW already right? Cars have up to 80 ish liters of diesel, trucks have up to 1200 liters of diesel. Back in the days these dumper trucks probably had... Well I have no clue how big their tanks were at the time.

9. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I wonder who will get invited to the event. Would love to drive out and see the semi unveiling / get a ride