Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi Unveil and Test Rides - Oct. 26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remarkeble small, still very coo
I'm sure that there will be some additional fairing...
main-qimg-6ca9411a684eda68b1e77e717c937e69.webp

MAN_TRUCK.jpg

futuretruck-big-rig-concept-image-jeremy-singley_100353827_m.jpg

walmart-advanced-vehicle-experience-wave-concept-truck.0.jpg
What happens in sharp corners with the new trucks? Do they adapt like elastics?

Reactions: ikjadoon
I got an invite email (referral program) but it is frustratingly vague. Anyone know if we will have +1's? I am looking to take my daughter (9). Anyone taken kids to a hawthorne even before?

At the first M3 reveal, I don't think I saw any kids. It was really a cocktail party atmosphere. Lots of waiting around, as usual. The semi might be different. But I'm sure the invite includes a +1. Mine did .

Reactions: austinEV
I live in LA and if anyone is coming alone to the unveil and needs a +1, I would be deeply grateful!! Happy to be your chauffeur and take you to a nice dinner :)

Oops never mind!! Just checked and looks like I have 5 referrals as of today!

For those of you who got Semi Unveil invites, the cars don't have to be delivered (just ordered), right? How long after the 5th referral did you get the invite?

Oops never mind!! Just checked and looks like I have 5 referrals as of today!

For those of you who got Semi Unveil invites, the cars don't have to be delivered (just ordered), right? How long after the 5th referral did you get the invite?
Nobody has received an invite yet. They only sent out a "save the date" email on October 2nd. Then they sent another email on October 6th changing the event date to November 16th.

Last edited:
"Now you know" did a feature on a huge dump truck, owned by a cement company.

That truck is totally recharged by gravity.

The dump truck depletes it's battery when going up the hill, empty. Much lighter going up as it has no load in it's bed.

When filled up at the top of the hill it uses regenerative braking on the way down to recharge the batteries.

The truck weighs so much more, filled up on the way down, that it generates more energy on the down hill than it uses on it's empty uphill journey.

Very little, or no charging needed for the specific way that truck is being used....clever.

Most pit dumpers like that haul rock up out of the pit and return downhill empty. Where would the opposite be the case?

"SpaceX is set to launch a Falcon 9 from Kennedy Space Center today at 8 p.m. ET. The company is executing a secretive mission dubbed “Zuma” commissioned by defense technology company Northrop Grumman for the US government. Additional information around the mission is “restricted.”"

Is Space X launching a rocket at the same time the Semi event is supposed to start?

"SpaceX is set to launch a Falcon 9 from Kennedy Space Center today at 8 p.m. ET. The company is executing a secretive mission dubbed “Zuma” commissioned by defense technology company Northrop Grumman for the US government. Additional information around the mission is “restricted.”"

Is Space X launching a rocket at the same time the Semi event is supposed to start?