Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Less than a half hour ago, I purchased shares of Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL). It was recommended in the newsletter I received this morning from Craig Johnson of Piper Jaffray. It was Johnson's TSLA recommendation in his 2013 JAN 28 newsletter that motivated me to research Tesla and Elon, and purchase my initial TSLA shares at less than $38 each.

ODFL is a member of the SmartWay Transport Partnership which promotes fuel efficiency and reduced emmisions. I'm betting on ODFL buying Tesla semi-trucks and greatly benefiting.

Old Dominion Freight Line
Old Dominion Freight Line - Wikipedia
SmartWay Transport Partnership - Wikipedia
Thanks! This does crack open the question of who will be the biggest clients of TE and how to invest on it. I suspect that big clients will be public about it as it should at least generate some green PR for them. I expect that the market will not be quick to boost the stock price of these clients in any durable way. So I think we'll have plenty of time to jump in. But I do think that the most serious clients will be on the leading edge path, so that could make them the better picks of the industry.

A number of years ago before investing in Tesla, I started investing in Waste Management. I was impressed with their plan to replace their fleet with CNG trucks and with their waste to energy projects. That has proven to be a solid investment for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: TMSE
I was aware of just two of these projects. More information and details on how and why I think Daimler is the best positioned legacy OEM to work along side Tesla in a post Clean Disruption era.

Capture.PNG

MAIN PAGE

Connected Trucks

Electric Truck

Fuso eCanter

Future Bus

Vision Van

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Less than a half hour ago, I purchased shares of Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL). It was recommended in the newsletter I received this morning from Craig Johnson of Piper Jaffray. It was Johnson's TSLA recommendation in his 2013 JAN 28 newsletter that motivated me to research Tesla and Elon, and purchase my initial TSLA shares at less than $38 each.

ODFL is a member of the SmartWay Transport Partnership which promotes fuel efficiency and reduced emmisions. I'm betting on ODFL buying Tesla semi-trucks and greatly benefiting.

Old Dominion Freight Line
Old Dominion Freight Line - Wikipedia
SmartWay Transport Partnership - Wikipedia

For what it is worth, I scrounged around and found enough money to purchase 2 shares of ODFL. Literally the remainder from going all in on Tesla.

For what it is worth, I scrounged around and found enough money to purchase 2 shares of ODFL. Literally the remainder from going all in on Tesla.

I hear that. I have $33 left in my account, so I just put in an order to sell about $130 of another stock simply so I can buy a few shares of ODFL tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing with us, Curt!

• Love
Reactions: 22522 and Curt Renz
Late Monday the California legislature worked a deal with the Governor for $1.5 billion of cap-and-trade spending. Of that amount, $895 million will be for new vehicles. The allocation is: $140 million for the ports, $85 million for farm vehicles, $140 million for electric car rebates, and unclear where the remaining $530 million goes. Could be associated with an "EV truck highway" proposed for the I-710 freeway coming up from the ports. Will find out more when they approve it on Friday:

Big money for clean vehicles in California cap-and-trade spending deal

I want to see the fully loaded Tesla semi lined up on a steep hill with the two most powerful high-end ICE semis on the market. The torque difference in performance should be laughable.

I suspect that the performance demonstrations of the Semi are going to be very amusing to watch ;) Musk has previously said that they plan to use 1 M3 motor per wheel. That's a crazy amount of torque, even when you take into account the weight.

Reactions: Krugerrand