Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sends out delivery delay emails

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got this unfortunate email....

"Thank you again for your Model 3 reservation. We’re making significant progress clearing early production bottlenecks but, as we continue to work through them, your estimated delivery timing will now be slightly later than we originally expected. Over the next 24 hours, you can log into your Tesla Account at any time to view your updated delivery window.
Thank you for your patience and, more importantly, for believing in a sustainable energy future. We’re working hard to make it happen"

Yes got mine. MyTesla went dark. I am assuming everyone is try to look at new date. Finally got in. Date unchanged. I would say in the next couple days we will see the sad news. Oh well we have been around this block before. Bottlenecks, goosenecks.....:D

I saw the same and I think they're in the process now of rolling out updates. I might be imagining things, but I feel like "Tesla Account" in the top right of the homepage is a new thing. That, plus the internal server errors popping up every few refreshes leads me to believe that changes are propagating now and we should see updated delivery estimates in the next hour or two.

I got the email too. I logged into my account and Model 3 delivery estimate was gone.
Now Website has gone wacky on the account side. When I click on my reservation I get.

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Some work must be being done on the accounts.?

I got the email too. I logged into my account and Model 3 delivery estimate was gone.
Now Website has gone wacky on the account side. When I click on my reservation I get.

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Some work must be being done on the accounts.?

Hundreds of thousands of people clicking the link in the email at the same time.

Weird wording, like written hastily. Does it mean we won't be able to view the updated delivery window when the 24 hours pass? :p

Haha I had the same thought. I'm not sure why they said "24 hours" unless it was to say "check it in 24 hours when it will definitely be updated" which is I think what the actual case is.

So, translation: "you can see your new delivery estimate now-ish, but if you check in 24 hours you'll definitely see the new estimate."

Totally re-thinking the entire purchase. I have been holding on to dear life with my current vehicle which I’ve wanted to replace for over a year. It is never a great idea to buy in the first model year of a car. With all that is surrounding this vehicle and company, I may not be the best customer.

I really need to think about whether this is the right car and company for me and my $$$$. I want to support the mission but not sure if I’m willing to pay the “price” in the many ways that can be defined.

I wish Elon had not given me more time to bail on this thing......just today (before the news) my wife said, “just face it, that Tesla is not coming anytime soon, go buy something else.” This...coming from the woman that stood in line on day 1 for hours for my reservation.

Edit to add..FWIW..Two reservations and shareholder....I am not a happy guy right now.

Well, that sucks.

Reactions: sports4eva115