Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sensor reliable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sensor accurate at determining distance of car's corner or pillars or reconize sign poles when navigating around parkage? There's a pillars in some of the parkade I use I'm always hesitant in relying on the sensor, so I do an extra step to give it more space. Reliable? Also, Tesla also parallel parking reliably? No rim rash? I own a model Y.

Tesla sensor accurate at determining distance of car's corner or pillars or reconize sign poles when navigating around parkage? There's a pillars in some of the parkade I use I'm always hesitant in relying on the sensor, so I do an extra step to give it more space. Reliable? Also, Tesla also parallel parking reliably? No rim rash? I own a model Y.
There have been numerous reports of low speed accidents by using summon, parking...

But Tesla was using sonars for those functions.

Now it's been switching to Vision so, in theory it should be much better.

Maybe you should test this theory out and report back.

There have been numerous reports of low speed accidents by using summon, parking...

But Tesla was using sonars for those functions.

Now it's been switching to Vision so, in theory it should be much better.

Maybe you should test this theory out and report back.
Tesla started with cameras, radar, sonar (for garages/parking)
Dropping radar which wasn't adding useful data - conflicts between radar and cameras was just adding extra noise.
It will be interesting to see if new Samsung cameras see infrared and if Tesla finds useful.