Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sentry mode automation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to go into the car menu and select security to start the Tesla sentry mode. Why doesn't this start automatically when I put the car into park or give me the option to start it when I go into park. I often forget to do this whenever I park.
Kenn

TeslaFi is an awesome data logger - it logs your trips, locations, charges, computes how much you save over gas, etc. Fabulous tool. Check them out at teslafi.com.

One of their newest features is to enable/disable sentry mode per tagged location or untagged locations, etc. I have it enable at all untagged (known) locations other than those that I have it specifically enabled for.

They give you a few weeks free trial and if you use my referral code - bsietz you get an extra week. Enjoy!
-Brian

I have to go into the car menu and select security to start the Tesla sentry mode. Why doesn't this start automatically when I put the car into park or give me the option to start it when I go into park. I often forget to do this whenever I park.
Kenn

I was just about to ask about this. The way it works now (having to dig down into a menu) is so counter-intuitive that I assumed I must be missing something. Thanks for posting this.