Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Server Down??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right but if the car is currently in Sleep mode you will need to open the App. That has been my experience. I use TezLab to put it in Sleep mode every night.

Fred
Just to clarify - Sleep mode in TezLab (or others) does not specifically put the car to sleep. It allows the car to go to sleep if the car is ready. It may still stay awake if the car thinks its needed (sentry mode, climate control, needs to condition the battery, ...).

From the TezLab FAQ -

Deep Sleep Assist is our default sleep mode setting and is recommended for all users. When enabled, Deep Sleep Assist will activate after your car has been idle for a period of time. Upon activating, data polling of your vehicle is intelligently backed off in increasing increments until the vehicle falls asleep. Once asleep, non-waking polling resumes at a regular interval to ensure that trips are captured as soon as possible once you start driving again. Deep Sleep Assist will activate at any time of day.

Night mode prevents all communication with your vehicle between 8pm and 5am in the vehicle’s timezone. To capture a trip within the night mode timeframe, open TezLab on your phone within 5 minutes before the start of your trip.

Ugh, I am supposed to have a mobile appointment this morning. Haven’t heard a peep from them and I am 3 hours into my window. Can’t see my appointment anymore as I guess the Service link is gone. Sent a text to confirm they are still coming, hopefully whatever system routes the texts isn’t down too. Will give it another hour or so, then try calling the main 1-800 line to see if they can view the mobile schedule.

This “let’s run everything thru the app” model is fine, but it would be nice to have old school phone numbers too.

Reactions: chrstna4
Do not log out of the app!!!!!!!
The last time this happened people who logged out were unable to log back in and then were unable to connect to their cars.
As long as you remain logged in to the app you will have the car key functionality over Bluetooth.
Yeah...I initially thought it was an issue with the app and reinstalled it on my phone....shouldn't have done that, shouldn't have done that....stranded at work now :(

Ugh, I am supposed to have a mobile appointment this morning. Haven’t heard a peep from them and I am 3 hours into my window. Can’t see my appointment anymore as I guess the Service link is gone. Sent a text to confirm they are still coming, hopefully whatever system routes the texts isn’t down too. Will give it another hour or so, then try calling the main 1-800 line to see if they can view the mobile schedule.

This “let’s run everything thru the app” model is fine, but it would be nice to have old school phone numbers too.

I don't think they can view anything. My car is at a SC and they know nothing. I used a personal Tesla employee cell phone number to contact.

It's concerning that the system is so centralized that an outage is international and across most functions.

Reactions: StarHunter
Currently Knocked out, sleeping:

104CEC24-05B6-42A1-80BE-50B49D9E10F2.jpeg

I don't think they can view anything. My car is at a SC and they know nothing. I used a personal Tesla employee cell phone number to contact.

It's concerning that the system is so centralized that an outage is international and across most functions.

I do this kind of stuff for a living (web dev and managing large scale operational systems) and this is a very very very bad look for Tesla. A lot of people are getting fired over this for sure.