Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Server Down??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we're comparing symptoms, supercharger billing seemed to have gotten fixed last night, but is currently borked again. Not for everyone I assume. I keep getting an alert on my screen, and an accompanying email, that supercharging is disabled because I don't have a card on file and they can't collect payment for the supercharging I did earlier today. And yes, I checked, and my card is still in there. As I'm in the middle of driving route 66, and need supercharging several times a day, this is beyond annoying.

Since we're comparing symptoms, supercharger billing seemed to have gotten fixed last night, but is currently borked again. Not for everyone I assume. I keep getting an alert on my screen, and an accompanying email, that supercharging is disabled because I don't have a card on file and they can't collect payment for the supercharging I did earlier today. And yes, I checked, and my card is still in there. As I'm in the middle of driving route 66, and need supercharging several times a day, this is beyond annoying.

You charge several times per day? What is your current odometer reading? lol

You charge several times per day? What is your current odometer reading? lol
When doing long road trips, driving some 7-8 or more hours a day, one supercharges 2-3 times a day. Depending on the spacing of the chargers along the route of course. Perhaps you are unaware that route 66 extends from Chicago IL to Santa Monica CA? This isn't a casual road trip a few hours long, we're talking about many thousands of miles over the course of many days.

My odometer is slightly over 40K, but that doesn't really matter.

And after getting yet another round of the "supercharging not available because there's no method of payment on file' notifications this morning, I was finally able to successfully delete my (previously working) card and re-enter the same information, which seems to have fixed it. At least for today.

Last edited:
Reactions: toolman335
Yes sorry - I probably wasn't clear about the context. In normal life I charge much less - every few days if I forget to plug in every night, which I usually do. Since lockdown in March and being furloughed, I've barely been driving anywhere, so this is a big change.

Reactions: toolman335