Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Agreements in Florida - possible problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke with the Tampa service center about doing the items noted on delivery (Mark and the group are GREAT by the way), and they were saying that there is some delay in getting the Service Agreement set up in Florida. Anyone else know of this or heard anything??????:confused:

I just spoke with the Tampa service center about doing the items noted on delivery (Mark and the group are GREAT by the way), and they were saying that there is some delay in getting the Service Agreement set up in Florida. Anyone else know of this or heard anything??????:confused:

Hi Roger,

I spoke to Mark and indeed there is going to be a delay in implementing the Service Plans in Florida. He is waiting for guidance from Tesla corporate, but it may be resolved by him simply obtaining a license to sell insurance.

By the way, just to clarify any defects noted on delivery will of course be corrected regardless of the delay in instituting the Service Plan in Florida.

Larry

Thanks Larry. I find Mark to be a great guy. They are actually coming out Thursday to do a couple of delivery items on the car, and switch the TPS verification from my original 19 inch wheels to the set of 21 inch wheels I purchased from another board member.

Roger

Thanks Larry. I find Mark to be a great guy. They are actually coming out Thursday to do a couple of delivery items on the car, and switch the TPS verification from my original 19 inch wheels to the set of 21 inch wheels I purchased from another board member.

Roger

Yes, he is.

I'm looking forward to our Grand Opening Celebration at the Tampa Service Center. So far the turnout looks pretty good. Do you plan to attend?

Regards,

Larry

About 15 years ago I tried to renew my 3 year service contract with a heating and cooling company and was told then that Florida had nixed that and would only allow one year plans. The thought at the time was to protect the consumer from small businesses that routinely go out of business leaving the consumer with no recourse to reclaim prepaid plans. Could have been BS but, to this day, most heating and cooling companies do a monthly payment plan that can be cancelled at anytime.

Could this be why Tesla is having problems selling 4 year service contracts?

Has anyone even signed up for a service plan or been given a thorough explanation of "service" yet? I'm getting a little surprised at the lack of information, especially since there have been recent developments in "service" as it relates to warranty. Also, I believe there was a discounted pre-paid plan available within a certain time after delivery. Since the plan wasn't available when we took delivery in January, I have no idea what Tesla will do.

Don't hold your breath. Tesla is concerned that state law requires an insurance license, so they're not going to offer the service plans. It'll just be pay as you go for annual service, I think around $600 per annum (or every 12,500 miles). With the warranty unaffected by doing the service or not there is less urgency to get the pre-paid deal done in Florida. It still may happen, but already people are hitting 12.5k miles and should be getting service.

With the warranty unaffected by doing the service or not there is less urgency to get the pre-paid deal done in Florida.

I disagree, the urgency should be in keeping the customer happy. FL is a big market for Tesla and no service plans means higher costs for us and $100 per ranger visit. That can have a big impact on marketing the cars and on goodwill vis-a-vis existing owners.

I disagree, the urgency should be in keeping the customer happy. FL is a big market for Tesla and no service plans means higher costs for us and $100 per ranger visit. That can have a big impact on marketing the cars and on goodwill vis-a-vis existing owners.

Agreed, but Tesla could also make a special case for Florida where it's assumed that every Florida owner has the plan and just pays when they come in rather than up front.

Spoke to ownership today as my 12k service is due....they told me that "the FL application is pending approval for them to offer the service plan" here. In any case, I was told that I will still be able to buy the plan once it becomes available and Tesla is set up to handle a retroactive fair deal.

Spoke to ownership today as my 12k service is due....they told me that "the FL application is pending approval for them to offer the service plan" here. In any case, I was told that I will still be able to buy the plan once it becomes available and Tesla is set up to handle a retroactive fair deal.
Nigel,
So do you plan to wait for a few months if you have to, or will you proceed with the $600 annual maintenance?

Larry

Last edited: